Are there any pagans here...?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearlegged

Are there any pagans here...?

Post by Bearlegged »

Sleeping in a stone circle - excellent way to connect with the earth's positive vibes, or sacrilegious behaviour that will result in a Wicker Man scenario?
ScotRoutes

Re: Are there any pagans here...?

Post by ScotRoutes »

Obviously depends on the colour of your chakra while you are bivvying.
Steezysix

Post by Steezysix »

Can't see a problem, worst case you wake up having your throat cut and your blood drained into a large bowl as an offering to the old gods.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

done with respect I cannot see a problem

there is one at work [ who even does services - dont know what never asked] I will ask them on Monday what they think
RIP

Post by RIP »

The best bit is the nude dancing at midnight. Er, so I'm told. By a friend like.

You thinking of trying **n* **d*** stone circle? Or *rb** *o*? So long as LNT the vibes'd be good I reckon.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

RIP wrote:The best bit is the nude dancing at midnight. Er, so I'm told. By a friend like.

You thinking of trying **n* **d*** stone circle? Or *rb** *o*? So long as LNT the vibes'd be good I reckon.
Neither; **o*** **a* tomorrow night, all being well. How far ahead does one need to book the dancers?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Nice. As luck would have it the dancers normally roll up at that one most Sunday nights anyway. Just take along some sort of offering in your seatpack and you'll get a ringside (arf! well naturally, it's a ring :smile:) seat, I mean ringside rock.

Look forward to hearing about it!
Last edited by RIP on Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

gairym

Post by gairym »

Me, my dad and my brother camped in the centre of a stone circle once (Nine Ladies near Matlock - circa 1987) and I awoke in the middle of the night with the tent shaking and loads of weird noises.

A quick (and terrified) investigation revealed a flock of sheep nibbling the guy ropes and nudging the tent outer.

Was a very tense few minutes while I summoned the balls to poke my head out :-bd
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

RIP wrote:you'll get a ringside (arf! well naturally, it's a ring :smile:) seat
Had to read that twice before I realised you didn't mean what I thought you meant. Probably :wink:
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Not sure about sacrilege but on a practical side you may end up getting disturbed by folk in the night. Especially during 'shroom season...
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
RIP

Post by RIP »

I might have meant what I didn't mean, yes, or.... ;). Then again I'm not sure what I mean at the moment. I'm deaf as a very deaf thing having just come out of a Rezillos 'young persons popular music concert' at 229 Great Portland Street. Blinkin' brilliant it was. I'm in lurve with Fay Fife yet AGAIN, sigh.Curiously she seems immune to my charms.

'The Summoning Of The Balls' - yeah I always enjoy taking part in that particular pagan ritual I must admit.......

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

We should remember that 'Pagan' is a modern word and has nothing really to do with these sites or the people who built them - just like our modern idea of 'Druid' is largely a Victorian invention and doesn't represent the Celtic (or more precisely the Druids of Briton) practices at all. For all we know the ancient monuments were overnight camping spots. :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:We should remember that 'Pagan' is a modern word and has nothing really to do with these sites or the people who built them - just like our modern idea of 'Druid' is largely a Victorian invention and doesn't represent the Celtic (or more precisely the Druids of Briton) practices at all. For all we know the ancient monuments were overnight camping spots. :wink:
:-bd

I bet having a quiet kip in a circle is less heretical than carrying out a made up ritual. :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

:smile:

johnb

Post by johnb »

lune ranger wrote:Not sure about sacrilege but on a practical side you may end up getting disturbed by folk in the night. Especially during 'shroom season...
Fly Agaric can be dehydrated and used all year round! It's what the Sami herders use when corralling there reindeer. I am not suggesting you collect fly agaric mushrooms and dehydrate them or take up reindeer herding.
RIP

Post by RIP »

So how did you get on with the nude dancing then 'slide? Er, nothing snagged on any brambles we hope?

'R'