... and again, kind of.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

... and again, kind of.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Yes, I know I go on a bit and some times I do think I should simply shut up but then ......

Found this 'feature' and while everyone looks like they're having a good time, it does contain a few things that bother me. The most obvious being fires, especially as the article mentions that (a) Scotland hasn't seen weather like this for years (b) they weren't using it for cooking. What else? Well, how about we didn't take enough food because we weren't sure what the Highlands would be like and expected to find a shop. Then there's, having to dry out all our electrical gear because we overturned the raft ... why wasn't it in drybags? Maybe the talk of killing deer would upset the estates as mention of travelling light then showing a picture with all manner of tupperware and kitchen appliances attached to their packs upsets me? :wink:

What bothers me most is that this appears in the national press and people may be inspired to do something similar. Perhaps a great example of too much inspiration and not enough education. Seems like a vicious circle of the blind (stupid, ignorant, whatever) leading the blind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/artic ... lands.html
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Re: ... and again, kind of.

Post by whitestone »

Stu,

It's

the

Daily

Mail

Any semblance of common sense or truth is entirely coincidental and wholly unintended.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
RIP

Post by RIP »

Seconded Bob - and tomorrow they'll be along with a totally contradictory 'article' like they always do. Would be hilarious if it wasn't for the influence they have over ladies of a certain age (I'm not picking on the ladies here - it's a point of fact. ((Wonder how many are closet BPers??))
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ripio

Post by ripio »

They don't seem to know how to sit in a packraft either, no wonder they capsized, seem to be either kneeling as in a Canadian canoe or sitting up on the rear of the raft.
RIP

Post by RIP »

'Forgot the matches'.... ' all the people we invited dropped out'....and they wonder why nobody would join them :lol:.

'Drone' - UH-oh....please no....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I appreciate it's the Mail but maybe that's the crux of the problem ... little wonder the moors and uplands are a blaze, there's an increasing amount of crap strewn about after peoples wild camping adventures and people keep asking me "how does one go about booking a bothy?"
RIP

Post by RIP »

One is impressed with the unerring accurancy with which you always home in on every occurence of these type of 'articles' Stuart!

'We carried as little as possible'. Righto. Nah, you're Glampers :roll: :wink:.
Last edited by RIP on Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

One is impressed with the unerring accurancy with which you always home in on every occurence of these type of 'articles' Stuart!
I worry for the future Reg. There's room out there for everybody but IMO, only those who are respectful of their enviroment and other people and who can behave in a manner that isn't selfish or threatens the future for others, need apply.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

I agree with Stuart

They have a picture amounts rocks showing cooking equipment.

in the article it says
"The weather was so warm they swam in the lochs at least twice a day"

..... so why the fluck do they need to have fires? I spotted 3 of them.

Morons
Matt

Post by Matt »

People who read the Mail are too scared to leave the house in case immigrants steal their job or operation slot while they’re concentrating on Brexit.

No chance they’ll go outside and light a fire