Lost and Found

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

Lost and Found

Post by dlovett »

So about two years ago, after only a couple of outings, my lovely Barebones carbon poles disappeared. After asking everybody I know that bike packed if they had borrowed them, I gave up and assumed them lost without a trace. Move forward something like two years and I was set to ask Stu to make me another set. I got called over to my parents to move some things in their loft and way and behold, the poles re-appeared inside a sports bag I hadn't seen for years. As a result we now have a spreadsheet for all our camping and sporting gear that tells us exactly where each item is.

What bike bits have you guys lost and then subsequently found?

d
jam bo

Re: Lost and Found

Post by jam bo »

the charger and battery pack for my lights. wife denied all knowledge of having seen them.

finally bought some new lights as a new light was only marginally more than a new battery.

shortly after, changed some lightbulbs. found the battery and charger in the box of lightbulbs....the obvious place to put them...
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Lost my Garmin, hunted for it for weeks and weeks before admitting defeat and buying a new one. The old one turned up in a drawer the very same day, misses still thinks I hid it there so justify an upgrade! :lol:
Karl

Post by Karl »

I once lost a mobile phone after Hit the North. I spent a lot of time looking for it, asked the organisers but was sure it must have fallen out of the van . Ended up getting a new phone.

2 years later I was throwing a pair of cycling shoes out I hadn't worn for 2 years. Phone was inside. It all came flooding back to me, I'd put it in the shoe so I wouldn't loose it! :roll:
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

An original Topeak Alien multi-tool. Had it for years and yeas till it went missing last year. Kept up the search for 6 months till I was clearing out my daughters collection of plastic animals and there it was,in amongst the ponies, frogs and sheep. Annoyingly I had just two weeks prior, replaced it with the latest model, which is lighter, sharper and has a few more gizmos, but is sitting at the bottom of my tool box while old faithful is back in my pack.
I'm just going outside ...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Lots! My wife has a twin sister, so they’re always swapping clothes, so if anything goes missing, she always gets the blame (she also has a key to our house!).

Lately we both lost some arcteryx running kit for several months, sister in law got blamed but found out kit had fallen behind our draws! Was like a mini gold mine behind the draws :roll:

Also lost several exposure lights but thankfully being a tight arse, I didn’t replace them :grin:

I’ve also lost the plot several times in the last 12 months...!
MarkW

Post by MarkW »

Blair512 wrote:Lost my Garmin, hunted for it for weeks and weeks before admitting defeat and buying a new one. The old one turned up in a drawer the very same day, misses still thinks I hid it there so justify an upgrade! :lol:
That's a good tip. I'll remember that one next time I need an upgrade
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

voodoo_simon wrote:Lots! My wife has a twin sister, so they’re always swapping clothes, ..

This could have gone one of two ways.

:)
slarge

Post by slarge »

GregMay wrote:
voodoo_simon wrote:Lots! My wife has a twin sister, so they’re always swapping clothes, ..

This could have gone one of two ways.

:)
I was trying to think of a clever reaponse to this - you beat me to it. Stuff of dreams etc.....

Back on topic. I lost the bits to a gas cartridge pump, all the valve connecting bits just disappeared. I bought a new one, then about 2 years later found all the bits on the bonfire (which had been burning all sorts of garden rubbish) . I still have no idea how they got there or how they survived. It's on the classifieds now if anyone is interested....... :-bd
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

So many lost n found threads that I didnt know which to choose and had lost my own (started in Jan or Feb I think)... Any, I found this thread.

Most importantly though... this am the daughter (she was looking for it down the side of the sofa when I was having a bit of a tantrum so she obviously knew she'd dropped it or seen it around there) had lost my smaller block charger (powerbank they're called in posh I think).

Looked and looked and looked. Couldnt find the bigger one either so was slowly getting to the point of, 'darn, this DD is gonna be expensive' cos thats what Bobs decided I need em for (thanks for that btw as I had contemplated for some reason getting another 20000 version).

Long story short, that very same sofa she looked down the side of whilst claiming she'd not seen it, I found this... then lifting the other sofa, I found the bigger version (total capacity before losses, 25000 :-bd ).

On a bit of a roll as whilst uploading this I also found my (version of a) Joystick...

Before you ask... no it wasn't swtiched on all the while I was seeking it :smile: