Jennride 2018

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

SteveM

Jennride 2018

Post by SteveM »

Just wanted to congratulate Rich and Sasha on providing a fabulous weekend for all the right reasons, great trails, great people, great weather and a great cause

thanks
boxelder

Re: Jennride 2018

Post by boxelder »

+1. Pretty tough 100. Who was the bearboner with the flappy shoe and Stooge SS then?
benp1

Post by benp1 »

boxelder wrote:+1. Pretty tough 100. Who was the bearboner with the flappy shoe and Stooge SS then?
Probably Burty
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

boxelder wrote:+1. Pretty tough 100. Who was the bearboner with the flappy shoe and Stooge SS then?
Yes, Burty. Caught up with him on the track over from Little Langdale to Tilberthwaite. He'd zip-tied the shoe together at that point :-bd
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
slightly

Post by slightly »

Yes - another vintage year. Can't wait to go back - in fact I won't. Planning a solo sortie later in the summer (but this time, I'll get the route right :roll: )
> r a n d o m e u r <
rich.mike

Post by rich.mike »

We were very lucky with the weather in the day - night time not so much! Tough 100 mile route but some cracking trails, I'm not great on rocky descents but was getting the hang of it by the end.

Had a bit of a nightmare Saturday night, accidentally left my tarp at home and the down pour over night completely collapsed my down sleeping bag, ended up wearing a waterproof inside it and threw in the towel at 4:30am and just kept cycling :roll:
burty

Post by burty »

Shoes now living happily in the bin
rich.mike

Post by rich.mike »

burty wrote:Shoes now living happily in the bin
Did you manage to complete it on them? Some nasty climbs after I bumped in to you!
gareth_c

Post by gareth_c »

burty wrote:Shoes now living happily in the bin
They looked spot on when we shared breakfast with you in Ambleside...! :lol:
postierich

Post by postierich »

Lots of Boners present which is always good to see, I had a great time taking shortcuts making sure you were finding the right pubs . The Pic on Jasons face when I told him the owner of the Wilsons Arms had offered any riders the use of an apartment and I had politely refused was priceless :lol:

Looks like people want it again so see you in 2019

Rich
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

postierich wrote:Lots of Boners present which is always good to see, I had a great time taking shortcuts making sure you were finding the right pubs . The Pic on Jasons face when I told him the owner of the Wilsons Arms had offered any riders the use of an apartment and I had politely refused was priceless :lol:

Looks like people want it again so see you in 2019

Rich
Too right people want the same again next year Rich. You are doing Jenn proud and too good a job for people to want anything other than more.

I took a lot of short cuts this year. Needed a social and relaxed time out on the trails with our people. I got just that. Thanks to you and everyone I encountered. It was perfect.
24tom

Post by 24tom »

Well said, Steve and everyone. Thanks again Rich for another incredible event. Each year it has been a fitting way to remember Jenn in the way that I think she would have appreciated the most. It's always great to see the simple act of riding bikes around a beautiful part of the world bringing people together. As always, it was wonderful to catch up with a few friends who I've not seen for way too long, and to chat to folk along the route (I was navy and orange Cotic RocketMAX).

There are sections of the ride that I first rode with Jenn, others that were regular favourites and have distinct memories attached. Rich has created a route that manages to blend just the right amount of hurty, with more than enough fun as pay off. This year was the first that I didn't ride straight through, and it was great to throw in a few café and pub stops along the way... and enjoy a beautiful bivvy part way down WSR. Might have regretted the decision to leave the tarp at home though...

Finally, it's amazing when something so fun can raise a bit (lot) of money for some great causes. Thanks to everyone who gave up a bit of their time to talk on the Friday night, help out behind the scenes, or throw a few quid into the collection boxes.

See you all in 2019.
24tom

Post by 24tom »

Also - Burty, I feel your pain! I had exactly that happen to me halfway along the GR5 route last summer. I ended up having to ziptie my shoes together at the start of each day, and keep running repairs going as each hike-a-bike would trash all my hard work. Hope you made it round ok.