... gushing from the Towers

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

... gushing from the Towers

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Morning, you'll be glad to know it's overcast here and about 10 degrees cooler than the same time yesterday :wink:

Firstly, I'd like to say thank you for the thanks. It's a surprising amount of work but knowing that people have enjoyed themselves makes it worthwhile.

I'd like to thank Taylor for the weigh-in and services to swearing at folk. Matt for running the sweepstake and bara-brick ... all, now WRT tradition. I'd like to thank Si for helping out with parking duties, a largely thankless task but a very important one.

Next, a very big thank you to all those companies that donated raffle prizes. I think we had a very good haul this year, so please think about supporting those companies the next time you dip your hand in your purse ... you'll find details on your T shirt. Someone you won't find on your T shirt is Stooge but a very last minute donation of a frameset from Andy and a generous bid from Simon means the amount raised for the Air Ambulance this year is around £4200 I'll let you know the exact amount once I do.

Dee has asked me to thank you for her lovely flowers - she'd do it herself but has left on family business early this morning, so thank you on her behalf and I'll try not to shorten their life while she's away :-bd

A big thank you to Collete for feeding you all on Sat morning - something that'll perhaps continue in future years.

Lastly - thank you to everyone who entered and rode. You are the WRT and I'm sure one day we will finally take over the world :grin: .. oh and this lad, what a star!

May the bridges you burn light your way
psling

Re: ... gushing from the Towers

Post by psling »

:-bd like
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Matt

Post by Matt »

:-bd
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Looks like he got hungry and ate his dad :grin:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

:-bd :cool:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Pickers

Post by Pickers »

Another :-bd
.. oh and this lad, what a star!

You're not wrong Stu!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Pickers wrote:Another :-bd
.. oh and this lad, what a star!

You're not wrong Stu!
Definitely not wrong :-bd not only did he out climb all of us but when one of our group left his wallet on Carno hill he cycled back down and fetched it for only £30 :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Post by RIP »

'one' - you're even worse than me Stevo and that's saying something :wink:. Just don't mention train tickets.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Whilst BDS *may* have dropped a number of items before we'd even left the environs of BB towers, in this particular case, Steve was not guilty m'lud. :shock:
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

RIP wrote:'one' - you're even worse than me Stevo and that's saying something :wink:. Just don't mention train tickets.
This wouldn't be the infamous 1/2 HR faff in the cafe in Mach train ticket would it reg :mrgreen:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Definitely not, I got back home ok so must have, er, had a ticket by that time :wink:.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Hope your journey was more comfortable than mine , after the other 2 lads got their train I had a short kip on the platform being woken by every conductor on every train seeing if I was ok ,then when my train does turn up it's packed to the hilt so I had to stand all the way back to wolves holding onto my bike , there was a definite whiff about me at this point but as luck would have it there was also a couple people with dogs standing by me so I pointed out that there was a distinct wet dog smell in the air and few others agreed with me :lol:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Would this be the same lad that gave Mr large a run for his money on the winter bivvy :-bd