Sunrace 12spd drivetrain

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Sunrace 12spd drivetrain

Post by whitestone »

I noticed this first look https://singletrackworld.com/2018/04/ex ... m-sunrace/ at a new drivetrain from SunRacerom SunRace. Potentially a cheaper option than SRAM Eagle if you feel the need for 12 speed.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
u02sgb

Re: Sunrace 12spd drivetrain

Post by u02sgb »

Was hoping for an 11 speed with a bigger range to fit an XD driver but no one seems to be doing them yet. Could do with a lower gear than SRAM make and already on a 30t up front.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’ve a sunrace 11-46 and hope pro4 free hub for sale :-bd I’ve just upgraded to SRAM cassettes 10-42. If I change down from a 32 to a 30 I get a higher top gear with an almost identical low. The other option is the woolftooth expander 44 and 46 available, they replace the aluminium 42 tooth on I think the xx1 and perhaps xo1. You’ll have to live with a bit of a gap gearing wise but it’s one way to a lower bailout gear.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

u02sgb wrote:Was hoping for an 11 speed with a bigger range to fit an XD driver but no one seems to be doing them yet. Could do with a lower gear than SRAM make and already on a 30t up front.
I've got my eye on these for the same reason as you: https://bythehive.com/collections/drive ... s-cassette, supposed to work with standard mech when you adjust the 'B' screw :ugeek:
Never knowingly under biked...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Someone needs to invent a method of changing the size of the chainring - preferably as you ride. Perhaps operated by a bar mounted lever?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

ScotRoutes wrote:Someone needs to invent a method of changing the size of the chainring - preferably as you ride. Perhaps operated by a bar mounted lever?
I can't ever see that idea taking off Colin :wink:

Not sure if this has been discussed here https://singletrackworld.com/2018/03/mi ... he-answer/, a very nifty double chainring.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Cunning and clever Bob but £400?

http://bearbonesbikepacking.blogspot.co ... oaded.html
It's definitely aimed at someone who does lots of short rides. For us mile munchers that sort of spending on a consumable is silly. It's like the 12spd Eagle cassette, £260 :o When you pick one up it's a thing of CNC'd beauty but come on, it's four times the price of a perfectly reasonable Shimano cassette (admittedly not 12spd).
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

ScotRoutes wrote:Someone needs to invent a method of changing the size of the chainring - preferably as you ride. Perhaps operated by a bar mounted lever?
Very much this. Switched my Sherpa from 1 x 10 11-46 Sunrace winter set up (no front mech to collect mud) to 2 x 10 for better range over longer rides and was reminded how much smoother it rode. Plus the old chain that used on the 1 x setup is pretty worn after only 450kms :roll: