Braunton 150

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Braunton 150

Post by sean_iow »

I'm sure everyone who is signed up will have been notified but just in case you've missed it, a notice that the event has been postponed came up on my twitter feed this morning.

http://www.braunton150.org/?page_id=68

If the conditions are as bad as I would guess they would be then I can fully understand why, as people could be out for a very long time to get round.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Moder-dye

Re: Braunton 150

Post by Moder-dye »

Probably not a bad idea and less embarrassing the the North York Harmoors event last weekend where something like 80runners had to be removed from the moors in various stages of hypothermia by mountain rescue....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-43451964
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I wasn't down to do it this year but I did last years. I rode with a local for part of last year and he said the ground was the driest he'd ever seen it in places and he's not known the trails to be so good. I can imagine it would be very slow going over the moors if the ground was very wet, which would mean being out in the cold for much longer so probably the right decision. Plus, if it's moved back until after May I might be able to get back for another go, so every cloud.... :smile:
mat_swan

Post by mat_swan »

This could be good for me. I wanted to make it this year, but work racking up and a load of prep for having holes knocked in our house meant I didn't want to commit and then bail. If it's delayed I may be able to do it. So, bad news I guess, but potentially good news for me
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Thanks Sean - hadn't entered as I am away for Easter, but might do now. Cracking ride when it is dry.
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

Any update on this happening?
Mike

Post by Mike »

I to am awaiting news of this, hoping we could maybe do it in august sept would be good?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I've haven't seen any updates on the blog etc. I'd like another go at this as really enjoyed last year's.