Who???

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RobMac

Who???

Post by RobMac »

Sorry but I didn't know where to post this.
I keep spotting a guy on a red fat bike with red rims with a very impressive beard running around the Leven mouth area of Fife.
Anybody on here?
benp1

Re: Who???

Post by benp1 »

Running... or cycling? :grin:

beard plus matching rims and bike , try STW :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

"try STW " :grin:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Justchris

Post by Justchris »

Try the Scottish fatbike Facebook groups.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Think that's the guy I sold some plus tyres too. He's on here but can't remember his name.
On a related note the fat bike uk forum appears to have croaked (again) if anyone knows whats going on post up here...
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Apparently talks are underway to try and resurrect it, somebody is speaking to the guy who
Has the domain name thingy.....or so I've read anyway....plans are also afoot to start a new
One I believe ?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

The guy that started the FB forum no longer has a fat bike nor posts. However he won't hand the ownership over to anyone else. I was an admin on it for a while but became increasingly frustrated about the situation - particularly with the difficulties we were having weeding out spam accounts.

I understand that discussions are, once again, under way. Of course, there is always the option to start again and just pass up all the old stuff.

TBH the fat bike forum has become somewhat redundant since fat went mainstream, though it may well have a life again as it reverts back to being a bit of a niche.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Fat tyre kicker wrote:Apparently talks are underway to try and resurrect it, somebody is speaking to the guy who
Has the domain name thingy.....or so I've read anyway....plans are also afoot to start a new
One I believe ?
It happens every year on the Fat Bike forum.
I'm an Admin on there, but have lost all interest and hardly ever go on there now.
As mentioned above the guy who owns the domain and therefore all of it's history doesn't ride Fat Bikes any more and is very hard to get hold of, it's him who pays for the upkeep but has no interest and needs pushing to pay for it again but he won't hand it over.
As Jason said on FB it's like GroundHog day this time every year the same thing happens.

I've given up hope of asking now and leave it to Jason and Rich (who also doesn't ride a Fat Bike any more :roll:
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

RobMac - give it up and just enjoy the fantasy romance. Meeting him would undoubtedly be an anticlimax.