WRT entry open

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Re: WRT entry open

Post by whitestone »

Pickers wrote:I'm in as well!
Emergency eh? Given the size of the panda we'd need a bit of a miracle too!
I don't recall anything in the sermon on the mount about pandas. Are they an acceptable substitute for fish :???:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Pickers

Post by Pickers »

I don't recall anything in the sermon on the mount about pandas. Are they an acceptable substitute for fish :???:
Nor me, that one dealt primarily with cheesemakers as I recall.
Don't know why but I can't help but picture parallels between Reg & 'The Panda' and Marvin & 'The Pig' in the film Red... :cool:
Nice one!
Some of my pics https://www.flickr.com/photos/107347896@N06/sets/

We’re gonna need snacks

#TakeLessBike
Robster

Post by Robster »

Yay! Entered!

It was the though of the cake that swung it!*

Cheers.

*Well, the cake, the scenery, the cycling, the camping & of course... the fun!
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Excuse my stupidity and ignorance but what is the actual start location other than South Wales and is it at all possible to get there or nearby by train?

Would love to be able to meet up with people and can wangle a week away but logistics are ever so slightly tedious from up here.(Shetland).
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

@MD - Transfer at Shrewsbury and a couple of stops down the Aberystwth line to Caersws. Then approx. 1 hour over a couple of lumps and down the hill to BBT.

Greetz

S.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Moder-dye wrote:Excuse my stupidity and ignorance but what is the actual start location other than South Wales and is it at all possible to get there or nearby by train?

Would love to be able to meet up with people and can wangle a week away but logistics are ever so slightly tedious from up here.(Shetland).
Fly to Manchester or Birmingham and get a lift from someone???

https://goo.gl/maps/QoFrKe5Mdwy
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Moder-dye wrote:Excuse my stupidity and ignorance but what is the actual start location other than South Wales and is it at all possible to get there or nearby by train?

A South Wales start might be interesting :lol: http://streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=287077 ... &A=Y&Z=120 is where to head to. Not sure of the nearest station, either Caersws or Machynlleth. I noticed at the winter event that there was a campaign in Carno to get one reinstated.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

South Wales
Ooh not south ... south is merely an extension of England.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

For those of us with commitment issues is there a max number of entries and or cut off date?
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

OK, I said I was stupid, for some reason I had BB towers located in South Wales in my head! :lol: :roll:

Thanks for the correct :-bd location, oddly enough that helps me a lot.

Other than making my own way my best bet would probably be sharing the driving/petrol with anyone heading down from Aberdeen/Edinburgh/Glasgow areas. Only a 9-11 hour drive depending on traffic :lol: Hmmm....
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

For those of us with commitment issues is there a max number of entries and or cut off date?
We've never had to cap numbers but entry will close on April 1st.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Post by RIP »

"couple of stops down the Aberystwyth line to Caersws. Then approx. 1 hour over a couple of lumps and down the hill to BBT".

Yep, just booked me ticket.

Presumably you can get an airyplane thing direct to Birmingham? If so, direct train from there to Caersws every 2 hours.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Karl

Post by Karl »

Me and Cat have entered......better let her know hadn't I :oops:
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Karl wrote:Me and Cat have entered......better let her know hadn't I :oops:
Keep it as a nice surprise
:wink: :-bd
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

That's me in :grin:
This will be only my third visit to Wales, both previous times to Snowdonia, approx 40 and 20 years ago, seemed about time for another visit :lol:
Just checked the route from here in Mohacs with via Michelin, 2247 km, 1396 miles, 22hrs 9min driving time (aye that'll be right!) :o

Now just need to get for entry to the Lonely Hearts Club :wink:

ps. Was going to Scotland anyhow, just brought the annual visit forward and a wee detour from the A1/M1!
paramart

Post by paramart »

:-bd
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

RIP wrote:"couple of stops down the Aberystwyth line to Caersws. Then approx. 1 hour over a couple of lumps and down the hill to BBT".

Yep, just booked me ticket.

Presumably you can get an airyplane thing direct to Birmingham? If so, direct train from there to Caersws every 2 hours.
No nearest I can do is two flights to Manchester which gives two chances for my bike to be left behind. Drive or train I think ...
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Ferry to Aberdeen then there's a direct flight to Birmingham. But since the ferry terminal and train station in Aberdeen are virtually next door that might be a bit easier than heading out to Dyce.
Mbnut

Post by Mbnut »

If anyone gives a damn.... I'm in.
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

im in :-bd
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

whitestone wrote:Ferry to Aberdeen then there's a direct flight to Birmingham. But since the ferry terminal and train station in Aberdeen are virtually next door that might be a bit easier than heading out to Dyce.
Ah, OK, I was just looking at loganaire as I get islander discount on that. I also thought Manchester would be better, but I also thought it was in south wales :roll:
RIP

Post by RIP »

"If anyone gives a damn" - I do Nige :-bd. However, it's best if we don't get within more than a few miles of each other or the lunacy will be something akin to some lumps of uranium reaching a critical mass, and we have a duty not to inflict this on the good burghers of Powys. It almost happened in the Star but luckily we were pulled apart by the siren call of drink. I went to get one which allowed the lunacy-fuel damping rods to be inserted in time. I'm losing the metaphor a bit now.

Wonder how many more posts there'll be on this thread before the inevitable thinly-veiled and very naughty attempts to extract some clues from long-suffering Stuart. I'm thinking we'll be heading north-east this time. Oops. But I know Stuart is immune to such pathetic wheedling these days!
Last edited by RIP on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Moder-dye wrote:
whitestone wrote:Ferry to Aberdeen then there's a direct flight to Birmingham. But since the ferry terminal and train station in Aberdeen are virtually next door that might be a bit easier than heading out to Dyce.
Ah, OK, I was just looking at loganaire as I get islander discount on that. I also thought Manchester would be better, but I also thought it was in south wales :roll:
If your flying to Birmingham let me know ,right time of day and it's only 1/2 HR away from me and I'll collect you
Stumpym4

Post by Stumpym4 »

Im in :grin: ..... can only do the lite this year as cant get the monday off :sad:
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

RIP wrote:"...clues....
???
People actually plan a route via the points? :-bd :grin: