Forks

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

lune ranger

Re: Forks

Post by lune ranger »

No Sides in 130mm afaik

http://www.xfusionshox.com/

I got mine on eBay from Hong Kong. Arrived in 2 weeks or so. No import duty.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Fargoist

Post by Fargoist »

lune ranger wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:27 pm I’d like to add x-fusion forks into the mix. I just fitted a set of Slide 29er forks to my Fargo. £200 brand new. 80-120mm adjustable travel. 32mm stanchions.
I was very sceptical but am impressed so far. They are working very well. I’ve dropped the travel with no problems. They have the option for remote lock out. They are 200-300g heavier than Fox for example but so far that’s the only downside. They are 51mm trail.
I only ended up with them because I needed a 9mm QR compatible fork with a long steerer and it was these or nothing pretty much. Just need to see how they go long term. Reviews are good for reliability though.
Performance wise I can’t fault them. I haven’t had suspension in a while and i’m Mostly used to simple ones like old Pace or Marzochi Bombers. The x-fusions have taken the sting out of trails for me and allowed me to rack up a load of pb’s and even a few kom’s On my local trails. All good really.
Just won a set off a well known auction site for my fargo, feel a bit of a fraud but will hopefully improve my confidence downhill a bit.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Hope you like them. Mine will be seeing their first big challenge tomorrow on the Braunton 150 itt. Did a good chunk of it earlier this year on the steel firestarters before pulling out with a broken pedal. Hoping i’m Gonna get less of a battering this time. I have a dodgy shoulder caused by a little bit of a bang in Afghan and it’s becoming a problem on the bike. My idea for the forks is that they will help this.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Fargoist

Post by Fargoist »

Cheers. All the best for the 150. Will be holding onto my carbon's and may go back on once i'm more used to mtb'ing again.