Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

postierich

Grab a cuppa and enjoy

Post by postierich »

fatbikephil

Re: Grab a cuppa and enjoy

Post by fatbikephil »

Not bad that, they certainly made a silk purse out a sows ear in terms of the sliding last winter given the general lack of snow. Guess that must have been the dump that fell towards the end of March. Now feeling motivated to slap the boards on and go for a slide meself :cool:
Mbnut

Post by Mbnut »

Makes an important point regarding greater access requires greater responsibility.

I wrote a bit about it when the greater access in England and Wales thing was doing the rounds.

So much litter in popular riding spots, a sense of entitlement when digging and riding in inappropriate places and a lack of understanding regarding walkers and horse riders etc. All be it by the minority but sadly it's the behaviour of minority that informs the options of the many.

Scotland is ideally suited to 'right to roam, England is not.

As for the film, a little self indulgent for me, plus I'm just plain jealous.

Skye in March so will be getting my fix soon enough.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Makes an important point regarding greater access requires greater responsibility.

I wrote a bit about it when the greater access in England and Wales thing was doing the rounds.

So much litter in popular riding spots, a sense of entitlement when digging and riding in inappropriate places and a lack of understanding regarding walkers and horse riders etc. All be it by the minority but sadly it's the behaviour of minority that informs the options of the many.

Scotland is ideally suited to 'right to roam, England is not.
Very true - even if idiots only make up a tiny percentage of the population, that's still a lot of idiots. Idiots who don't seem to think that there's anything wrong with dropping litter, lighting fires, damaging fences / walls and generally behaving in a way that deserves a good ol' slap. Much 'pushing' of people towards the great outdoors is done by those with a commercial axe to grind but sadly, education isn't sexy, it doesn't sell sh!t so is largely ignored.
May the bridges you burn light your way
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

Enjoyed that...also nice LT28 syncro
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Totally agree with the rights & responsibilities thing. On a less serious note, was I the only one wincing at the folksy wailing...?
Mbnut

Post by Mbnut »

I liked the folksy wailing, looked the guy up and was disappointed to find his stuff is a rap type crossover, left me cold.

Snowed on my ride yesterday, not enough to cover the top of my lofty local hill at 300ft... damn it.