Black Friday 2017

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

whitestone

Re: Black Friday 2017

Post by whitestone »

ScotRoutes wrote:I know a good joke about a Goblin Teasmaid. Not for a family-friendly forum though.

I know that one from school - in the 1970s :shock:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Oh go on tell us
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

slackman99 wrote:Kettle also appears to allow you to post onto social media when it's done boiling?!!! Make for some interesting Facebook updates :)
EXACTLY! Thanks for pointing this out, slackman99. How many of you losers have your kettle integrated to Twitter?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

In Reverse wrote:
Wifi kettles. :cool:
Hmmm, I've been looking at wi-fi bathroom scales today.... :oops: I just feel it would save me manually writing down my this information and then using excel, an app can do it all for me and correlate it to my resting heart rate and other stuff I don't need to know :ugeek:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

slackman99 wrote:Kettle also appears to allow you to post onto social media when it's done boiling?!!! Make for some interesting Facebook updates :)
Time to get worried when you get emails suggesting that you might like to follow "Smeg the fridge" and "Talky Toaster" :lol:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
giryan

Post by giryan »

Zippy wrote:
In Reverse wrote:
Wifi kettles. :cool:
Hmmm, I've been looking at wi-fi bathroom scales today.... :oops: I just feel it would save me manually writing down my this information and then using excel, an app can do it all for me and correlate it to my resting heart rate and other stuff I don't need to know :ugeek:
Might I suggest an alternative to a spreadsheet?
Head's up Health agregates pretty much everything from nearly everywhere and it's vaguely exciting, fairly US-centric, but we don't get access to patient data directly anyway so that bit of what they do isn't that much of an issue.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Here's another idea. It's blindingly simple, so simple that I wonder why we never thought of it before :-bd

May the bridges you burn light your way
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Here's another idea. It's blindingly simple, so simple that I wonder why we never thought of it before :-bd

It's sh1t for actual analysis - it's what I used to do, then I started doing it on a spreadsheet - which is better, fine really as I can then import this into the nokia health platform I've just started using.. Platforms which do the data analysis then allow me to export so I can fiddle to my hearts content is where it's at (why fitbits are crap - you can barely access your raw data).
RIP

Post by RIP »

"sh1t for actual analysis" - that's what that giant brain's for Zip :wink:. Millions of years of evolution(*) has gone into creating that y'know, you stop using it and evolution will get rid of it - think of the unborn yet to come man! :wink: I'm only half joking. Saw some study or other that "shows" that use of GPS, SatNav etc is reducing people's ability for navigate for themselves. I'd even go so far as to say "analysis"? - just enjoy the moment and experience, don't waste your life over-analysing stuff.

Er, Stu, that pen (smoothflow? biro?) is a bit, well, over-engineered isn't it surely? My tool of choice would be:

(*) other, mumbo-jumbo, theories are available
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I think I'll lose the will to live individually plotting points on a graph than getting a spreadsheet to do it for me - then I can use the spare time to further develop my brain cell :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

:smile:

Of course I'll probably be the first to ask you for all the route stats & analysis etc for the Chilterns Bivi afterwards :wink:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster