Exposure Light Issue

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Chew

Exposure Light Issue

Post by Chew »

Put the lights on charge is morning and got home to find one of them hasnt charged...

The charger stays green when you plug it in (i've checked the charger with the other light and its fine). It should usually go red if its charging.
The light on the back usually flashes when its charging, but this time nothing.

Would it do this if the battery was completely discharged?
It has done this before, but then been fine
fatbikephil

Re: Exposure Light Issue

Post by fatbikephil »

I've had three exposure chargers croak on me so could be the fault. Trying leaving it on overnight? Failing that drop exposure a line as they are dead helpful
cragrat73

Post by cragrat73 »

When my wife high sided and broke her elbow, my maxx-d light bore the brunt and got dented and gouged but still worked. Eventually it stopped working. Contacted exposure, who as said before were very helpful, had the light back and found the charger had failed not the light. Sent new charger and no cost apart from postage. Light still works and sports it’s battle damage.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

What model/year? It's not accidentally in the output mode thingy is it? Also try cleaning the port out with isopropyl/contact cleaner, they can be a bit picky.

And drop exposure a line, if none of that works they're generally helpful, although I don't know anyone their anymore and I feel they've become slightly less generous recently...!
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Which reminds me, I've got a Joystick that won't charge.
mat_swan

Post by mat_swan »

The contact in the back of my joystick is a bit out, unless you get it just so the light doesn't turn red when charging. Still charges though. Everything works as it should using my maxx d and other half's exposure lights.

I think some of the chargers can be a bit iffy- have you another you could try?
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Chew,

Are the light and charger of different generations?

The new lights (last 2 years) do not play well with the older generation of chargers. I've had some issues with a Race that appeared to be doing the similar.

All else fails, speak with Exposure.

G