Stooge Mk3

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Lawmanmx

Stooge Mk3

Post by Lawmanmx »

so, ive just taken leave of a brand new Mk3 Stooge for a couple of weeks heavy duty testing, now we all know they are one of the Best bikepacking bikes money can buy AND are Great value for yer money, but what are they like as a hardcore trail bike? well i'm hoping to answer (honestly) that question over the next few weeks, my plan is to pummel the crap out of it over every jump/drop/sender/hooker/bender/berm/loam/pumptrack/bikepark and skatepark i can find and see what its really capable of, Ok, its not my favorite colour (pinkish) :YMTONGUE: but it is shod with 27+ wheels, rockshox 120mm travel, a lovely Thompson dropper post and topped off with Stooge moto bars (my favorite) so i will let the colour slide :wink:
i will update when i have rode it a few times and there will be pics and poss some video of the carnage too :-bd

Also, Andy wants me to test the New Stooge speedball in a few weeks time too so stay tuned :cool:
burty

Re: Stooge Mk3

Post by burty »

don't forget tony , when testing its not a bunny hop if your clipped in :-bd
or is it ?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

over every jump/drop/sender/hooker/bender/berm/loam/pumptrack/bikepark and skatepark
What's that lot got to do with 'trail riding' yer big stunt monkey? :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

just wanna see what its capable of doing Stu, ive got some huge drops im gonna send it off that most on full susserd won't do, im planing on seeing what its limits are, its not mine after all :wink: :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Remember to post up vids and X-rays
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

will do :-bd
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

[quote="Lawmanmx"]so...my plan is to pummel the crap out of it over every ... hooker/bender .../quote]

Pretty sure this section of the community might object to being pummeled by bike. :)

Greetz

S.
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

im sure they will learn to enjoy it tho Scott :wink: Lol

and if not, i will pummel Them too :-bd :lol:
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

Ok, so ive had a couple of proper rides on this here Mk3 Stooge, first ride was a huge letdown due to some Veetire rubber and tubes that it came with (bladdy awful) i did a trip round Llandegla on sunday on it and hated it, slow on the climbs and hard work on the descents so i got back and spoke the the Stooge man himself and seeked permission to modify the rubber to my liking. So, i fitted a 3.0 nobby nic up front and a 2.8 Wtb ranger on the back (tubeless) yea i know i know, not the best choice for these moist winter like conditions we currently have BUT they were the only plus tyres i had in the shed, the rubber mods were night and day better, i did a few hours session in our local woods with my mate Pagey (Nigel page) yea that one, and we did many shuttle runs and lots of sessioning of of the jumps/drops and slop, and other than the tyres being more for dryer weather i had a hoot sliding and chucking it over all the lumps and bumps there woods had to offer, it was better than i thought but also still sketchy at the almost none existent front end grip, it did make for an interesting ride tho :-bd up to now its impressed me with its neutral feel and tight back end makes it a much better trail bike than it looks to be, it jumps very easily and i have sent it off some pretty big drops, way bigger than you are going to find on 99% of the trail you may ride and it did it all very comfortably, Anyways, i am going to try for a few more rides on her before we do any filming or photographs as i want to be totally comfortable with the handling before i send any of the bigger stuff to flat, im reasonably sure it won't snap but i am going to try :-bd the filming is due to be done the weekend after this, so im really hoping for a few days of dryer weather before then (wishful thinking eh :wink: )
Stay tuned if yer interested :-bd
Mike

Post by Mike »

I dont think id be letting you anywhere near one of my bikes Tony ( tester or not ) if your aim was to snap it :sad: U MEANY
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Enjoying this T. Looking forward top the vids. :-bd

You won't be speaking in the videos, right? :???:
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

you'll prolly only hear swears if i do Andy :-bd
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

Mike wrote:I dont think id be letting you anywhere near one of my bikes Tony ( tester or not ) if your aim was to snap it :sad: U MEANY
gotta ride it like you mean it Mike :wink: your bike is safe tho pal ....... for now :grin:
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

I wonder what would break first? - the stooge or Tony's 'have probably seen better days' ankles and assorted joints
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Just don't break yourself as well Tony! :|
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

thanks for all your concerns about my safety and welbeing but i see it as my duty to Destroy this bike if only because of the horrid colour :lol:
Pat

Post by Pat »

Still. No. Pics. :grin:
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

not till after next weekend, im putting the bike through its paces first and going to do the footage/pic's thing after a thorough thrashing :-bd
slarge

Post by slarge »

What's so good about these stooge things?

Are they fast or fun or both? How can a 1 size fits all rigid bike suit so many people? I need to experience one I think (mike - fancy swapping with my stumpy singlespeed for the bb200?)
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

all questions i want answered before/if i lay any money out on one too Slarge :-bd
stucowp

Post by stucowp »

For me my Ti Stooge is the fastest and most fun bike I've ever ridden it's also incredibly comfy on long rides not that I've done many this year, more down to me being out of shape, I was hoping to get to the BB200 but missed the entry date and I'm not sure the legs will spin for that distance any more as well!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Steve....Yeah no worries mate that sounds like fun!!! NOT
Like you have to worry about spinning the legs stu for that long you will be finished after a few hours ;)
Pete-G

Post by Pete-G »

slarge wrote:What's so good about these stooge things?

Are they fast or fun or both? How can a 1 size fits all rigid bike suit so many people? I need to experience one I think (mike - fancy swapping with my stumpy singlespeed for the bb200?)
Two sizes available now. Always fancied one, mainly on the looks to be honest. Still when Andy announced the Mk3 in a larger size I got my deposit down sharpish. What I like most about it, is that its just plain fun. I'm never going to go riding mad stuff on it, that's what I've got the full sus bike for, but for riding on local singletrack in the woods, it always puts a smile on my face.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Pete-G wrote:
slarge wrote: Always fancied one, mainly on the looks to be honest.
For gods sake don’t take a look at the titanium speedball then HUGELY tempted even with the likely divorce which would result. :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

there is a post on the Stooge facebook page with a small (im a better talker than writer) write up and a few of the pics from the test, video footage isn't pieced together as yet but Sammy is on with the job (i hope) ... Oh, and look what im wearing Stu :-bd

https://www.facebook.com/StoogeCycles/