After a recommendation for cheapish sleeping bags

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Clanton

After a recommendation for cheapish sleeping bags

Post by Clanton »

Slightly off topic here but you lot seem to always have a nose out for good deals....

I need to invest in semi decent but still cheap sleeping bags for the kids - a 2 year old and a five year old so think milk, dirt, bodily fluids.

They need to be semi -disposable in other words - I don't want to buy anything too expensive, just looking for something we can use for car camping. Warm enough, ideally washable.
Currently using very cheap and nasty Argo sleeping bags (they were are festival sleeping bags back in the day) and they are not warm enough.
tommid

Re: After a recommendation for cheapish sleeping bags

Post by tommid »

I got my daughter a Mountain Warehouse one when she was 3, its a classic square shape and has camper vans printed all over it. She is now a tall 6 year old (130cm) and it still fits. She has never complained of being cold when camping, despite it not feeling that thick. Its been washed and is still alright. The best bit is it was about £14.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A liner of some sort will preserve the cleanliness of the sleeping bag too. Any sleeping bag insulation will deteriorate if constantly washed.
Clanton

Post by Clanton »

Thanks for the advice. Went with the Vango Nitestar S in the end. With various discounts £25.50 each so hopefully hits the sweet spot.