Readers Rides

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

woodsmith

Readers Rides

Post by woodsmith »

Not the one on the back pages of Razzle that got passed around under the desks in double Maths ( May you rot in hell Mrs. Harrison) but a page for Boners to post pics of their bikes. Ever been done ? Or not welcome?
ton

Re: Readers Rides

Post by ton »

Tony Ti 2.jpg
Tony Ti 2.jpg (133.01 KiB) Viewed 2273 times

love my bike
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Nice Ton. How about a few lines, Make , Model, Drivetrain , bars etc or whatever info you feel like including?
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Monty my 2018 Surly ECR (medium) 27.5, Rohloff hub, home made bags.
faustus

Post by faustus »

Like the ECR setup woodsmith! Nice homemade bags, nice stick for tw@tting people with, and quite possibly something to do with your name, but very level and tidy woodpile! :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Given that gravel bikes are getting a pasting on the other thread I thought I'd post this.
Straggler has just had a new lease of life - I'd originally built it with stuff lying around then did a bit of upgrading but I've just chucked a load of dosh at it after selling the Van Nic (instead of buying another bike...). Rival crank, hunt wheels and Genesis placcy forks have got it down to 10.5 kilos. Not bad considering I was nearly buying a Salsa Stormchaser with an ally frame and it weighs 11kg without pedals. Of course this means feck all when you are riding it, but its a lot easier to throw it over a locked gate :mrgreen: Oh and its single speed (obviously)
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

faustus wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:37 pm Like the ECR setup woodsmith! Nice homemade bags, nice stick for tw@tting people with, and quite possibly something to do with your name, but very level and tidy woodpile! :-bd
Thanks for the compliments. The big stick was in daily use fighting of Kangal dogs in Eastern Turkey, and the timber was always stacked beautifully.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

My Haro Mary SS. Something about it I just like, hence still got it.

Ramin Plus ... another I just like.

May the bridges you burn light your way
Chrisps

Post by Chrisps »

This is my super versatile, slightly customised Sonder Broken Road for 120mm forks and a tweaked STA. I use it for everything from technical bikepacking to commuting and local trails.
Shown here in its "plus" guise for the Lakeland 200 - 29x3.0 Vittoria Bomboloni on an i45 out back and a 29x2.4 Vittoria Mezcal on a Hope Tech XC up front. It handled the route pretty well. A dropper would have helped (I remove the PNW dropper I run for local riding when going bikepacking), but otherwise was quite happy.
Other components are Sram Eagle 12sp with Shimano 12sp cassette. Hope M4 brakes, every bearing hope. Brooks C17.

Bags are Alpkit Kanga front harness, 20l bag. Alpkit framebag, fuel cells etc. Specialized 17l saddlebag.
Interesting additions are the bottle mounts on the top tube by the seatpost for my bottle (I have long legs) and the bodged extended mud guards which mean that even in the worst mud, only my lower shins ever get any grime on them (I hate destroying expensive waterproofs!)
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Top left - Salsa Warroad (1 month old) Seems perfect for most of my day to day riding, keeps pace well on the road and seems capable enough off road

Top right - Salsa Mukluk (2013?) Love/hate relationship with this bike, sometimes I really appreciate it and think it’s amazing but others, mainly on road sections, I think what am I doing :lol: Think the tyres need changing to something with less resistance

Bottom left - Trek Procaliber First ride or two I wasn’t impressed but it was in the winter slop. Roll on 6 months and on dried out trails, it’s amazing! So comfortable and fast. Brilliant bike

Bottom right - Salsa El Mariachi (2012?) No words needed for this one but what a bike
Attachments
AB298A8D-9234-4818-B932-7571184054FF.jpeg
AB298A8D-9234-4818-B932-7571184054FF.jpeg (334.83 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
ton

Post by ton »

20190607_121544.jpg
20190607_121544.jpg (72.21 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
ootini

Post by ootini »

My pinnacle Arkose D2 gravel bike. Its not mega fast, but I love it to bits.

And my new toy. So much fun!!

ton

Post by ton »

20190607_130338 (3).jpg
20190607_130338 (3).jpg (143.44 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
atk

Post by atk »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:03 pm My Haro Mary SS. Something about it I just like, hence still got it.
I had one of those for a bit. I don't think I really appreciated how good it was until I picked up another one of Mike's creations.

Mary with seat tube repair and pink splatter paint.

Black Mountain Cycles Road+ in it's light, dry and hilly touring mode. Just realised I've gone from a gold bike with a lil' splash of pink at the back, to a very pink bike with a tiny splash of gold at the front (headset spacer and topcap).

summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

The title should be in the line of 'Rigs of a Boner' :lol:
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

ti Stooge first ride after assembly
ImageP1220749 (1024x576) by michaelwex10, on Flickr

Yea I know the cables look too long but they include allowance for a harness and bag to avoid cable crush.
Since been cable tied back and sit neatly along the profile of the Loop bar.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

I won't bother posting a pic of my fat bike loaded up as there's far too many on here already.
Here's my Croix de Fer loaded up though. Its used for commuting and I should spend more time bikepacking on it but fat bikes are soo much fun.
ImageIMG_20180802_192501_572 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The title should be in the line of 'Rigs of a Boner'
I read that as 'rings' ... I thought, ooh a bit like a tree, it could be used to determine our ages :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

My Van Nicholas Zion Rohloff on the beach at Cabo de Gata half way through the Badlands 700 last year. The following section was brutal with over 6,000m of ascent ,climbing from sea level off road to Pico Valeta at 3,200m.
Recent changes are addition of a Fidlock magnetic mount for my cooking kit under the downtube and a new Acepac saddle harness as the straps on my trusty Wildcat one had worn through.
samwise

Post by samwise »

My Surly Krampus - Custom rolltop framebag made by my partner and the rest is Miss grape. :grin:

My Bombtrack Hook EXT - A mixture of Restrap, Miss Grape & custom front bag.

Rob S

Post by Rob S »

Screenshot_20210806-120739_WhatsApp.jpg
Screenshot_20210806-120739_WhatsApp.jpg (71.5 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
Not a great photo I'm afraid. Vitus Sentier with on-one Geoff bars, now wearing Vittoria Mezcals
faustus

Post by faustus »

Some very nice bikes here, keep 'em coming! :-bd
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Surly Krampus/Rohloff in its natural environment on Dartmoor.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/05Y7thj ... Princetown

And Salsa Fargo/Rohloff at Exeter station

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0QjMgxs ... _of_Exeter

If you can be bothered to hit the links.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

We’ve been together for four and a half years but the spark is still there, I still see her leaning against a post and think “I want to take you somewhere special and ride you hard” ….oh that’s readers wives
Still…

I’m still totally smitten, it’s taken me across Spain, road, gravel, Lake District chunk and everything in between.

2017 vintage it original came equipped with 650bx3 tyres, a total mismatch in my option. Once equipped with proper off-road sized wheels the process of evolution could take place.

Early on came a Fox teralogic fork, as Stu said “it’s like it knows what your thinking” possibly not the last thing in sensitivity but my opinion of suspension is founded on the Trek ‘Y’ bike :shock:

After SP, a SON dynamo hub made financial sense, initially expensive but you do save in the long run when wheel rebuilds are included. Same with chargers, I’ve run a few inc some well known German stuff, bought a sinewave beacon and stopped laying out.
Road gears come with road brake setups, mix off-road and a 100Kg fatty and you’re asking for disappointment, luckily Hope provide salvation in their RX4 calipers, now we can stop.
12 speed? Yes please, the time with a microshift barend shifter was emotional, thankfully my employer’s random overtime payments afforded AXS.
Wow! Gears that just work, rain shine or apocalypse.

Now we’re getting close, OK, let’s try some silly wide dropbars and a short stem, bingo!
My Fargo has had a hard time, limited to one bike I’ve made it fit as many roles as possible.

Holiday snaps…

Private shots- Subscribers only *- (log-in to view)

Fully exposed nude shot!

* To subscribe just PM your bank log-in details/ date of birth, mothers maiden name, school,PayPal log-in, And promise not to vote Tory.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Thanks for the Payment P****n ****e , here you go,

We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark