North Wales C2C

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

North Wales C2C

Post by ootini »

Hi,

I've been tinkering with BikeHike and I've had the idea of a North Wales coast 2 coast, as in from the Northern Irish Sea coast near the Dee estuary, through the heart of North Wales, past a couple of lakes and on to the Western Irish Sea coast near Cardigan bay. I'm hoping to get to try this either before it gets too cold, or next spring.

http://maplorer.com/permalink.php?file= ... _NWC2C.gpx

At the minute it's surprisingly short at just shy of 90 miles, so I may have to tweak it a bit to crack the 100 mile mark. There's also a balls up near Hiraethog where there's a bit of a loop, can't quite figure out how to get rid of that at the minute.

Any thoughts, suggestions on how it could be improved?
frogatthefarriers

Re: North Wales C2C

Post by frogatthefarriers »

One thing instantly springs to mind; instead of the main road along Llyn Tegid, take the south bank. There is a cycle way along a lot of the north side but the traffic noise makes for a thoroughly unpleasant ride. In contrast, the south side is a quiet lane.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
ootini

Re: North Wales C2C

Post by ootini »

frogatthefarriers wrote:One thing instantly springs to mind; instead of the main road along Llyn Tegid, take the south bank. There is a cycle way along a lot of the north side but the traffic noise makes for a thoroughly unpleasant ride. In contrast, the south side is a quiet lane.
Cheers. I'll take a look.

The route definitely needs work, but it's just to give a rough idea at the moment.