WRT route sharing for a non local?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

survivor

WRT route sharing for a non local?

Post by survivor »

I was a first timer at this year's WRT and ended up buying a route from Stuart.

I kept riding past stuff thinking it looked good but kept to the route as I've never ridden in Wales before so didn't want to risk ending up in a bog!

I'm definitely going to come back down this year for another look about. It's a long drive so I haven't got the luxury of a random explore

Sooooo....

Can I ask anyone to share their WRT routes with me please, so I can get my bearings and an idea where the good stuff is :grin:

I'll be on the rigid MTB and love a challenge so rougher the better.
woodsmith

Re: WRT route sharing for a non local?

Post by woodsmith »

Not WRT routes but these are all the BB200 routes from past years

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 330949&z=9
survivor

Post by survivor »

Cheers for that. They'll come in handy..
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

woodsmith wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:39 am Not WRT routes but these are all the BB200 routes from past years

I thought the request was for the best bits :lol: The aim is not to end up in a bog not be directed to 200/300km of them :wink:

I cant help directly (never ridden at the WRT which I must do something about) but are you on Strava? If you look at your ride for this year and use flybys you should be able to find the rides of some of the others there which would help.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Boab

Post by Boab »

The routes I was planning: I also worked up an alternate route for Sunday/Monday, which is closer to what I actually rode. There are massive chunks of both Sunday and Monday's routes that I didn't ride, so I have no idea what they're actually like...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
survivor

Post by survivor »

sean_iow wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:33 am
woodsmith wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:39 am Not WRT routes but these are all the BB200 routes from past years

I thought the request was for the best bits :lol: The aim is not to end up in a bog not be directed to 200/300km of them :wink:

I cant help directly (never ridden at the WRT which I must do something about) but are you on Strava? If you look at your ride for this year and use flybys you should be able to find the rides of some of the others there which would help.
I did wonder that after speaking to Stuart on my return. He mentioned something about folk not talking to him for awhile after one of the years :lol:

I'll take what I can get though

Good idea on the flyby.. I forget about that feature.
survivor

Post by survivor »

Boab wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:30 pm The routes I was planning: I also worked up an alternate route for Sunday/Monday, which is closer to what I actually rode. There are massive chunks of both Sunday and Monday's routes that I didn't ride, so I have no idea what they're actually like...
Your a star. Thank you. :-bd
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

survivor wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:11 pm I
Can I ask anyone to share their WRT routes with me please, so I can get my bearings and an idea where the good stuff is :grin:
Here you go chap. Not the full route I planned but some cracking trails.
https://strava.app.link/sN3HOdGb0pb
Never knowingly under biked...
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

I find Strava Flybys not so helpful anymore.
A privacy update a while back means that you have to opt in to Flyby and that’s not well publicised. As a result a lot fewer folk are available to view than in the past.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
survivor

Post by survivor »

Rich3rd wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:35 pm
survivor wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:11 pm I
Here you go chap. Not the full route I planned but some cracking trails.
https://strava.app.link/sN3HOdGb0pb
That's the spirit. Thank you
survivor

Post by survivor »

lune ranger wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:35 pm I find Strava Flybys not so helpful anymore.
A privacy update a while back means that you have to opt in to Flyby and that’s not well publicised. As a result a lot fewer folk are available to view than in the past.
Yeah. Quick look at it the other night seemed to come to a bit of a dead end due to the privacy thing
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

If you find a segment on your WRT ride, look at the leaderboard and see who rode it on the same date, click on their time and you can see their ride.

Works best if you pick a segment that's obscure and likely to only be WRT riders (or even create one) to increase the chances of the people on the leaderboard being fellow WRTers.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Boab

Post by Boab »

sean_iow wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:20 pm If you find a segment on your WRT ride, look at the leaderboard and see who rode it on the same date, click on their time and you can see their ride.

Works best if you pick a segment that's obscure and likely to only be WRT riders (or even create one) to increase the chances of the people on the leaderboard being fellow WRTers.
I do this quite a lot, then request to follow people I may have stopped to have a chat with, or just randoms who look like they've gone somewhere entertaining...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.