Titterstone Clee - Coming off the North face

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

UnderTheRadars

Titterstone Clee - Coming off the North face

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Anyone ridden the cheeky Shropshire Way path going down the north side of the Clee from the summit? Is it rideable? (Probably one for @godivatrailrider )

godivatrailrider

Re: Titterstone Clee - Coming off the North face

Post by godivatrailrider »

Not ridden it ...but I suspect it'd be tricky. The photo below is essentially where it goes as that's Brown Clee Hill in the distance. It could be rideable but I doubt there's much there.

Last edited by godivatrailrider on Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Thanks, just looking at ways to link up to the Jack Mytton way/bridlepath at Callowgate to head towards Brown Clee (without going back on myself) as long as it’s rideable, not HAB
godivatrailrider

If you're looking at this, it's a tough walk .... both ways, this is the south side of Brown Clee and the access road up the north side is BRUTAL ! I'd be looking 500m east of this along Thorn Lane then up through the Old Lodge Coppice woods. This''d get you to Clee Burf then across the tops to Abdon Burf :-bd
godivatrailrider

UnderTheRadars wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:49 pm Anyone ridden the cheeky Shropshire Way path going down the north side of the Clee from the summit? Is it rideable? (Probably one for @godivatrailrider )

Today I rode this section from the Trig point on Titterstone Clee north towards Brown Clee.
I can confirm it’s rideable. I found a short steep offcamber section somewhat entertaining with the back tyre trying to overtake the front, just had very little traction. Otherwise, all good. Follow the Shropshire Way signs to the bridleway which was also very good 👍