Coast to Ludlow ?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

godivatrailrider

Coast to Ludlow ?

Post by godivatrailrider »

I find myself with 3/4 days available in June/July (whenever Wimbledon is) and would like a route back to Ludlow. The obvious one is train to Mach / Dovey Junction and do the Trans Camb back ( is it any good ridden west to east?) or I could get the train to Swansea and ride back … any other suggestions? I’m not the fittest but 40 -50 miles a day should be manageable…
Verena

Re: Coast to Ludlow ?

Post by Verena »

National Cycle Route 43 up from Swansea is really nice, or 46 up the Neath Valley. Then you could ride up to Brecon on the Ystradfellte road, or on Sarn Helen. Then maybe Route 8 or Gospel Pass up to Hay, and then somehow on to Ludlow...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I vote Aberystwyth to Ludlow. You could do something really nice with that I reckon ... I might even have a dabble.
May the bridges you burn light your way
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:54 pm I vote Aberystwyth to Ludlow. You could do something really nice with that I reckon ... I might even have a dabble.
:-bd
TCW covers pretty much it, Knighton to Ludlow is something I've done a few times ... and the 15 mile descent from Anchor to Clun down the Clun valley is a pleasant reward. Not overly keen on the Kerry Ridgeway as there's too much road and too many gates, though I have wildcamped up there and it was good.
Seeing other folks ideas is good though :cool: