Oswestry

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Tomwoodbury

Oswestry

Post by Tomwoodbury »

Hi, I am spending a week in a cottage in Wem near Oswestry next week. I see the GB divide route runs right through the area but is there anyone here with local knowledge that can help me loop it all together? Because of family I’m probably limited to 20-30 miles and will be on a gravel bike. Thanks
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Oswestry

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Oswestry is a bit weird as there's good riding all round but not so much there. The area around Craven Arms is good and not too far or go a bit further north around Llangollen ... what's to the SW of the town is very good and will be quite obvious by looking at the map.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Tomwoodbury

Post by Tomwoodbury »

Cheers. Will put something together on Komoot and see how I get on.
Alec

Post by Alec »

Sorry this might be a bit late, but you can probably build a loop from Wem towards grinshill, then down to haughmond Hill, then Shrewsbury (cafe break), then out to nesscliffe and back to Wem.
Mrhoppy

Post by Mrhoppy »

If you're still looking vague outline of a loop. Wem to Clive, through Grinshill to Shawbury, Astley, tracks back up towards airbase then across to Hand all, Montford Bridge, Shrawardine, Nesscliffe, Ruyton-XI-Towns, Ellesmere, Loppington, Wem.

Should be in the right ball park distance wise but it's quite heavy on back roads.