LEJOG ( off road of cause )

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Holgateeng

LEJOG ( off road of cause )

Post by Holgateeng »

OK so planning for next year , quite fancy LEJOG and have looked at GB Divide but need to change it for a few reasons . Needs a bit more off road ( I'll be taking the hard tail ) don't want to go too close to home BD22 as that may be depressing half way through and shouldn't include too much HT550 route as I've done that once and although it was great I have no desire to repeat it . So my plan is GB Divide based but taking in Salter fell ( to avoid home ) , a bit of the Caingorms loop then Strath Rusdale to meet back up with the route at Amat . I have it routed on Viewranger but don't have experience of some of the trails , just looking for local advice on what is not to be missed and what is type 3 fun . If anyone wants to look at the GPS file just message me .
ScotRoutes

Re: LEJOG ( off road of cause )

Post by ScotRoutes »

I can certainly suggest an off road route from Kingussie/Aviemore to Inverness if that helps.
Holgateeng

Post by Holgateeng »

Yes any help is great . The route I had planned was down the road to the distillery at Lynwilg up the track through An Gleannan to Cagan . Down to join the cycle track following the A9 at Slochd , off at Loch Moy then over General Wades road into the back of Inverness .
substandard

Post by substandard »

I completed the inaugural gbduro event on my fatbike if you have any questions or whatnot, do drop me a pm
jobro

Post by jobro »

I'm thinking of doing exactly the same although I'm wondering about following An turas mor from around Glasgow up to Cape Wrath and then back down to continue to JoG.
Anyone know the pro's and con's of the two routes in the far North?