Bikerafting Routes Scotland?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

yourguitarhero

Bikerafting Routes Scotland?

Post by yourguitarhero »

Have bike
Have packraft
Successfully manage to attach bike to raft and paddle about the loch for 10 minutes without putting myself, bike or raft upside down in the water.

Now thinking of next steps - a single day trip where I could ride or raft from the van or train then vice versa back again. Not fancying an over nighter (yet)

I had though of going up to Aberdeen, cycling up the Deeside Way to Banchory and rafting back. Nice bike path up the side of the river and the river seems pretty placid as don't really fancy doing any rapids!

However, Aberdeen is maybe a bit far to travel (I'm in Edinburgh), so would maybe prefer something closer to home. Or maybe a bit more exciting, though not too exciting please.

Any suggestions?
ScotRoutes

Re: Bikerafting Routes Scotland?

Post by ScotRoutes »

Tweed. Put in at Peebles. Paddle down, ride back.
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

That could work actually - have paddled Peebles to Innerleithen before
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Haven't got much to add, but Tweed is a good shout. Masses of packrafting opportunity in Scotland but a lot of it further away. Upper Tay though?

Interested in joining you if you fancy company. It's been a bit of a slack year for packrafting for me so far.
yourguitarhero

Post by yourguitarhero »

I've done Pitlochry to Dunkeld on the raft before, and was just at Taymouth at Loch Tay recently - drove along the side of the river - it looked pretty good, so that could be a go-er.

Might give you a shout if I go to the Tweed - wondering if Tweedbank to Berwick is do-able. Has train stations both ends, but 40 miles - possibly a bit much for a day...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

yourguitarhero wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:25 pm I've done Pitlochry to Dunkeld on the raft before, and was just at Taymouth at Loch Tay recently - drove along the side of the river - it looked pretty good, so that could be a go-er.

Might give you a shout if I go to the Tweed - wondering if Tweedbank to Berwick is do-able. Has train stations both ends, but 40 miles - possibly a bit much for a day...
That'll depend on how much it's been raining