Argyll Route Help

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Shewie

Argyll Route Help

Post by Shewie »

I've plotted this out on Komoot, does it look any good? I'm familiar with the land in the early stages, well as far as Loch Sween and Lochgilphead, after that it's blind faith in Komoot really, any advice for a nice multiday route from Knapdale back to Helensburgh?

https://www.komoot.com/tour/264277824?ref=wtd
ballibeg

Re: Argyll Route Help

Post by ballibeg »

I'm based in Lochgilphead. I'd recommend some changes. I'm nights just now and pretty gubbed. I'll try and plan out an alternative and share via Komoot.

You'll almost pass my door so offer of tea etc if I'm not on the ambulance.

Dave
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

ballibeg wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:56 pm I'm based in Lochgilphead. I'd recommend some changes. I'm nights just now and pretty gubbed. I'll try and plan out an alternative and share via Komoot.

You'll almost pass my door so offer of tea etc if I'm not on the ambulance.

Dave
That would be great if you get chance Dave, and thanks for the offer of a cuppa, I imagine I'll be sick of 3-in-1's by the time I get to Lochgilphead
Keith74

Post by Keith74 »

Most of that is on my doorstep luckily. Dalavich up loch avich and across was busy recently with forestry trucks but I’m probably going to head across there the coming weekend so can update if needed.

It’s just trying to stay off the main road that would be my only small changes. From dunadd I would try get onto the back road upto kilmartin gets you away from some of the traffic. The A85 along the northern shores of loch awe is also pretty busy but not much of a alternative route without major upheaval.

Will have a proper look at your Komoot route when I get a minute.

I’m not far from your route so if you need anything including somewhere to dry kit out give me a shout.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086163783548

Stay in the banks of Loch Fyne in Argyll.