Birkgill Waterfall last photo evidence in the 30s (until 2019)! Anyone got a drone

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Birkgill Waterfall last photo evidence in the 30s (until 2019)! Anyone got a drone

Post by redefined_cycles »

Made this route (still needs tweaking so not to worry about that) to these here waterfalls at Gollinglith Foot: well to the west of it.

https://strava.app.link/nHrdxGvWL9

My questions are 2 if anyone knows...

Is it big 'pigs-head sized bouldery' up there or will gravel tires of 32mm with some careful walking do me??

When I get (If I get and manage to walk across) to the waterfall section is there any flattish bits to take a lie down whilst I stare lovingly towards the waterfall (my lying down doby being roughly the size of a TT-stealth as I am a bit tall)...

Thanks in advance (again)
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: Is this gravel-bike compat and...

This is the actual grid reference I hope to access (with the 32mm tires) and have my cuppa coffee and short rest at

Grid ref in top left corner..
redefined_cycles

Re: Is this gravel-bike compat and...

I figured out -well if you assume the topic was me hoping to get access to that there waterfall in the OS map - the answer to this btw. Its contained in this article.

Which if you can't be bothered to read it, says that the last known pics of that waterfall were from the 30s. Then this chap got past some crags and lots of bushes and heather and brambles and thorns and 3 hours later, without falling to his death (I assume thats what he meant when he said about the rocky sections and crags etc), he came to this beauty of a waterfall. Wonder if anyone of us will ever witness it...

Birkgill Waterfall info (anyone got a drone?)

https://traditionalfloats.blogspot.com/2019/06/?m=1