Parking in Milngavie

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

nevango06

Parking in Milngavie

Post by nevango06 »

This might be a shot in the dark, but... I am planning to do the West Highland Way soon and I am planning to drive to Milngavie, hopefully leave the car in Milngavie, sleep at a hotel, do the ride, get the train back to Milngavie and drive home. Problem is, being from West Yorkshire I am unfamiliar with overnight parking in a Scottish town. So does anyone know of overnight parking (hopefully for cheap) in Milngavie?
Borderer

Re: Parking in Milngavie

Post by Borderer »

I don't know Milgavie very well but in general you can park for free in most small Scottish towns. If you are staying at a hotel then they might be ok with you leaving the car there too. I wouldn't worry overly about it.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

I parked for a couple of nights in a quiet residential side street without problems. I chose an area with big semi detached houses, well tended gardens and no litter so you at least know the locals are unlikely to burn your car out, :wink: .
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

We parked in the train station car park when we did the route, it was free and not very busy.
Martin B

Post by Martin B »

I stay in Milngavie. I wouldn't worry about parking my car anywhere in the town. It's one of the most affluent areas of Greater Glasgow. You can park in the train station car park for free and there is CCTV there. Another good place is on the main road directly across from the police station (there's also a hotel 100m away). Or if you want you could park outside my house which is about 500m from the Police station on a quiet side street. It's about a 5 minute walk to the town centre and start of the WHW. PM me for address if you want.