3 or 4 day route from the West Mids

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

UnderTheRadars

3 or 4 day route from the West Mids

Post by UnderTheRadars »

For a very unfit rider? Got a few days off at the start of September, would like a flat-ish route from the door/minimal train use. Obvious choices are the canals (Up the Trent and Mersey then back down the Shrops perhaps) but feel may get bored after a day. I’ve done the Jack Mytton over to the Long Mynd..... Any suggestions + gpx’s please
middleagedmadness

Re: 3 or 4 day route from the West Mids

Post by middleagedmadness »

UnderTheRadars wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:03 pm For a very unfit rider? Got a few days off at the start of September, would like a flat-ish route from the door/minimal train use. Obvious choices are the canals (Up the Trent and Mersey then back down the Shrops perhaps) but feel may get bored after a day. I’ve done the Jack Mytton over to the Long Mynd..... Any suggestions + gpx’s please
I leave from wolves , up into Telford , much wenlockthrough wenlock edge, down into little stretto a couple of pints then up on the mynd , next day down number 9 into little Stretton , breakfast then up round Caer cadac back through the wedge and back the way I came , I’m not the fittest and you can get into little stretton in around 5hrs
UnderTheRadars

Re: 3 or 4 day route from the West Mids

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Cheers, yeah that’s pretty much the Jack Mytton way that I’ve done, Stourbridge-Bridgnorth-Much Wenlock-Church Stretton (and is a fall back option if weather is only good for a couple of days)