Suffolk Long Weekend?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Growler

Suffolk Long Weekend?

Post by Growler »

Hi Boners

I think Suffolk is the only County in England that I have never set foot in. I've had a quick look on tinterweb and nothing bike packing-wise has jumped out at me. Is it either a bit off the radar or just dull from a cycling point of view?, but looking around it looks quite pretty with a stunning coast line. I'm also a big Roger Deakin fan and he loved it, so there has to be something going on.

I fancy a long weekend, early spring, 40-50 steady miles a day, nice pubs, quiet lanes, quaint villages and quiet bivvy spots. Has anyone venured out there and where should I start looking? Bike wise, probably the Fargo or even the singlespeed Crosscheck as it looks reasonably flat.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Si
Boab

Re: Suffolk Long Weekend?

Post by Boab »

If you find yourself more in East Cambridgeshire and fancy a dip in Adventurer's Fen, or The Cam, then let me know. Might be a bit parky in Spring though...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Growler

Re: Suffolk Long Weekend?

Post by Growler »

K1100T wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:27 pm If you find yourself more in East Cambridgeshire and fancy a dip in Adventurer's Fen, or The Cam, then let me know. Might be a bit parky in Spring though...
Sounds good.