Parking at hexham for sandstone way

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

nicjh

Parking at hexham for sandstone way

Post by nicjh »

Hey folks. Planning sandstone way next weekend. Looking at parking in hexham, ride to Newcastle, train to Berwick and ride back to hexham. Probably have 2 nights out so looking for free long stay parking. Anyone got and suggestions? :grin:
whitestone

Re: Parking at hexham for sandstone way

Post by whitestone »

When we did it we parked at Berwick and got the train to Newcastle then Hexham. There's definitely long term parking at Berwick but didn't notice any at Hexham. Google streetview would be your friend.

Parkopedia (I kid you not!) says there's 100 spaces at Hexham, £2/day or £10/week. Berwick is £3.50/day with a maximum of three days.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Mike

Post by Mike »

Back of the old stn on the side road... looked free to me
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

There's plenty of free parking by Tyne Green, by the river, just after the bridge to the right as you come into town from the A69. It's pretty secluded, but I wouldn't worry about leaving a car there for a couple of days, it's Hexham.

There's the industrial estate just the other side of the river too. Plenty of road to park on and probably a bit busier, even at a weekend.
Growler

Post by Growler »

You can get the train from Morpeth (just off A1) to Berwick too. My workshop is 300 yds from the station and you can park here for nowt if you like. Its secure and free, kettles always on too. Hexham to Morpeth is a couple of hours of steady traffic free cycle route on your return journey. Give me a shout. :-bd
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd thats handy to know si