Yorkshire500

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Yorkshire500

Post by redefined_cycles »

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-yorksh ... 5856864925

Just came across this. A similar thing as the nc500 it seems but around Yorkahire. Hoping to complete it next year God-Willing and fundraise for 10 orphans...

Only slight glitch is that the event creator doesn't appear to be wanting to publish the route...

Anyone got any ideasor come across the route previously (I've emailed said organiser already)...

:???:
ScotRoutes

Re: Yorkshire500

Post by ScotRoutes »

The difference here is that the organisers are promoting an event rather than a route. I can see why they might want to keep it under wraps until after the event. Alan Goldsmith does a similar thing with the HT550 and I guess the BB200/300 isn't too different.
redefined_cycles

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:08 pm The difference here is that the organisers are promoting an event rather than a route. I can see why they might want to keep it under wraps until after the event. Alan Goldsmith does a similar thing with the HT550 and I guess the BB200/300 isn't too different.
Thanks v much Colin... So I guess its judt a matter of making a route oneself or waiting until the event has passed and either paying for it or hoping someone mighy have it in their Strava...

Seems like a rough guide around the Yorkshire boundary so surely can't be too hard to recreate with a bit of google earth/strava heatmaps and a bit of exploration...

Apologies to the organiser (if you're reading and find it a little offensive :smile: )
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Yeah, work out your own route, then publicise it. If you're quick you could get yours known before that event :lol:
redefined_cycles

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:21 pm Yeah, work out your own route, then publicise it. If you're quick you could get yours known before that event :lol:
:lol:
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

never really sure what the point is in paying for an ITT

Its self supported and you get a GPX -its not something i would pay that much for tbh

Best of luck to them though
redefined_cycles

Lazarus wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:04 pm never really sure what the point is in paying for an ITT

Its self supported and you get a GPX -its not something i would pay that much for tbh

Best of luck to them though

Thats roughly the outline (off their fb page). Surely can't be that hard to recreate around the Yorkshire boundary :-bd I'll get on it and make my own...

Oh... their charges of 32£... I believe its the fact that they include meals at start at end points and imagine for such a thing they'll probs be hiring out some sort of venue to depart from... So, doesn't seem too bad a price (for those self supported that did enter)
techno

Post by techno »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:55 am https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-yorksh ... 5856864925

Just came across this. A similar thing as the nc500 it seems but around Yorkahire. Hoping to complete it next year God-Willing and fundraise for 10 orphans...

Only slight glitch is that the event creator doesn't appear to be wanting to publish the route...

Anyone got any ideasor come across the route previously (I've emailed said organiser already)...

:???:
Interesting! Toddles off to is route planner.....
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Same weekend as the Dales Divide.

Just saying ...
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry