Borders 350/220 Major Route Change

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Borders 350/220 Major Route Change

Post by Ray Young »

The Borders routes have both had a major change in order to avoid the big bikehike section up to the Devils Beeftub. The change was suggested by Alex Pilkington who holds the current fastest time for the 350.
The new route is possible after the building of several new wind farm roads which did not exist when the route was conceived.

Email me at borders350itt@gmail.com for the new route files.

PS, still places left for the group start at the end of this month.
ScotRoutes

Re: Borders 350/220 Major Route Change

Post by ScotRoutes »

For what reason is the GPX file not online somewhere from where it can be viewed and/or downloaded? This isn't a dig, it's something I've seen of a few routes and I was just curious about the reasoning. The Cairngorms Loop route is downloadable from the website and is updated as necessary.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

What date are you doing the group start Ray?
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

ScotRoutes wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:59 am For what reason is the GPX file not online somewhere from where it can be viewed and/or downloaded? This isn't a dig, it's something I've seen of a few routes and I was just curious about the reasoning. The Cairngorms Loop route is downloadable from the website and is updated as necessary.
I don't have a website, only a Facebook group page. I did try a blogspot once but after setting it up something went wrong and wouldn't let me do anything with it. Maybe I should try again.
In Reverse wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 am What date are you doing the group start Ray?
Saturday 29 August, 8 am, English bank holiday.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Hi Ray,

Can you email or message me the route please? I’m just nosy, but I’ll put it on a Google Drive link that you can then put on the Facebook page.

Cheers,

Alasdair