Trans Cambrian Way?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ballibeg

Re: Trans Cambrian Way?

Post by ballibeg » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 am

I'll put my paramedic hat on just briefly here...... Bang to head followed by vomiting worth a visit to A&E. Concussion is a form of Traumatic Brain Injury and it's always hard to triage the potentially serious from the not so. Vomiting is a red flag. Glad you're ok and enjoyed the rest of your day but for a tiny percentage that vomiting could the first sign of a time critical TBI that could have been much more serious and even deadly. I'd have taken you into hospital on that history and cause I'm nice I'd have taken your bike too!! 👍🏼👍🏼

Back to the thread........

Gregsie

Post by Gregsie » Thu May 09, 2019 4:32 pm

Considering doing the Trans Cambrian in July, probably over a couple of days.

Is it possible on a gravel bike without too much swearing or is the route firmly in MTB territory ?
The man who was never was lost never went very far. GHB Ward

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Fri May 10, 2019 8:22 am

I'd happily ride it on a gravel bike but I'd prefer 40c or larger tyres. The more mountain bike bits are towards the western end and they've largely being smoothed out.
Always be yourself unless you can be a pirate. In that case, always be a pirate

Gregsie

Post by Gregsie » Fri May 10, 2019 8:28 am

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:22 am
I'd happily ride it on a gravel bike but I'd prefer 40c or larger tyres. The more mountain bike bits are towards the western end and they've largely being smoothed out.
Cheers Stu. I'll give it a crack on that.
The man who was never was lost never went very far. GHB Ward

Blue Wheeler

Post by Blue Wheeler » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Just completed this last week (for the second time as I did it in last years HOT summer). Carried camping gear again and stashed it in Rhyader as we stayed at The Bluebell Inn in LLangurig on the second night (far more civilised especially as it rained continuously for the last day).

This is a great ride with some tough climbs in places but he scenery changes almost at every turn and is stunning!

I never want to see another gate again though :lol:

tuskaloosa

Post by tuskaloosa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:36 pm

f you're going to do it over 4 days Stu, I could do you an extension if you like? Rather than finish at the anti-climax of Dyfi Junction, I could get you to the coast. Somewhere with a station still but other things too, like chips and ice cream. Wouldn't add too much mileage as you'd not be dropping down towards Mach'.
BB could I kindly ask for a gpx file on the extension contemplating doing this in July or Aug

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 pm

You can - in fact MBUK asked for it a couple of weeks ago as they're planning a TCW feature, so as soon as I've finalised it, I'll email it across.
Always be yourself unless you can be a pirate. In that case, always be a pirate