The Hungry Bear

Show your appreciation.

Moderator: Bearbonesnorm

The Boss
Site Admin

The Hungry Bear

Post by The Boss »

We've set up a simple Paypal 'Donate' button which we hope some of you may press from time to time.

We really don't want anyone to feel pressured into donating, there's absolutely no obligation but your generosity will help keep the machine well oiled.

PLEASE FEED THE BEAR

Thank you.
redefined_cycles

Re: The Hungry Bear

Post by redefined_cycles »

Just a little heads up...
redefined_cycles

Hello all. Just wanted to highlight the cost of living crisis, Mick Lynch, the tories, taxes, Covid and ebay fees...

Well, I'm sure some of you recall when I sold my beautiful Canyon Ultimate CF SL in di2 flavour on the cheap so I could afford to urgently get my own powered air respirator and grow back my lovely beard of 30 years (didn't work well with the cheap ffp3 masks the govt were giving us.

Anyway, recently (well, like a couple or more years ago, but you know!) I realised that nurses were allowed to get back their tax on work related stuff. So I filled out the form on HMRC to claim back for my uniform laundering, shoes and the £900 respirator. Yesterday I got back the response from our dirty govt/HMRC aaying that I wasn't entitled to claiming back the tax on the respirator as it's not something all my colleagues are expected to buy!

That led me once again to this very forum and thinking how Stu, Dee and Co don't constantly or ever try to fleece us (forum members). I sold some bits to ensure I could pay the missus the monthly wage (we'd agreed that I needed to keep bringing in a certain sum monthly before she allowed me to leave contracted work and thus able to ride my bike whenever I pleased :-bd ). If I'd tried to sell that stuff in ebay I think it would have been about £20 or more in fees...

Point I'm trying to make is to remind us if we can always remember to feed the bear. I know I've saved loads in the form of advice, cheap gear and zero fees etc etc etc. Just saying (if anyone wanted to set a reminder to feed the bear semi-regularly) it's not cheap to runt the forum when the admin do it out of goodwill and don't advertise to advertisers to come and peater us...

:-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

If you've enjoyed the forum this year perhaps lob a few bob in the direction of the Bear's winter larder? It all helps to lubricate the server's cogs and elastic bands.

You could play The Ramones' Christmas message while you were doing it :smile: .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIhIBFPtnoc

PLEASE FEED THE BEAR
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
redefined_cycles

Sorry for increasing the thread count on this post. Cos I'm sure it was meant as a standalone announcement originally. But, sorry, not sorry.

Just a little reminder in case anyone needed a nudge (or didn't know): PLEASE FEED THE BEAR (pretend it's written in green in keeping with the other posts here).

Full disclaimer, I've not fed the bear today but will be doing a few quid on Monday when I gets paid. It all helps Stu/Dee herd the cats as well as pay server fees and keep the advertisers away :-bd