TN Laser end poles.

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

TN Laser end poles.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just made these for Mike and thought it might be of interest to someone - pair of end poles for TN Laser. The standard end poles are a single length of 44cm, so can be a little tricky to pack. These obviously are half that length, come in at 38g for the pair.

May the bridges you burn light your way
Taylor

Re: TN Laser end poles.

Post by Taylor »

How much?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

How much?
Err, don't know. I'll have a weigh up and get back to you.
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Having a TN Lasercomp myself I might be interested in a set of these. Trying to remember what length sections the main pole has.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Umm, don't want to get a ban by posting a cheaper alternative.. and I meant to posts these in here a while ago. The length of the end poles has always been a problem so I cut mine down and epoxied on a length of aluminium tube as a joiner. They weren't cut in half as the joiner adds length so they were cut to end up the same length when finished.

But the bearbones alternatives do look nicer :-)
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
u02sgb

Post by u02sgb »

Weight? If you're buying a laser, surely that's v important?
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

The modified end poles weigh 40g a pair on my scales. The original uncut versions are 28g a pair. I still have the original poles as I bought a spare set from TN to modify in case it all went horrible wrong.

It's best not to be too obsessed with weight if you buy a laser as you need to add some weight to make it usable, I've replaced the supplied 2g pegs so I can actually pitch it on real ground outside and I've also added the extra guys to the ends so it stays up even if the wind blows :grin:

Mines an original Laser which is now called a competition 2? On the scales in the bag with all pegs etc. it weighed 1415g. The weight for the current laser 2 on The TN website is 1250g so mines 165g more, or about the same as half a cup of tea not including the cup :geek:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Mike

Post by Mike »

Cheers Stu, one for a great few days but also for my new poles......for those who maybe considering them i can say they work really well and im prop chuffed with em :-bd
FLV

Post by FLV »

Doesn't matter who makes them, The necessity of the stupid little poles is annoying enough to render the tent frustrating enough to be useless.