Camera Chest Harness

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Camera Chest Harness

Post by Ray Young »

Been a long time coming this but I eventually got round to doing it, a waterproof chest harness for my bridge camera so that I have easy access to it and no longer have any excuse to not take more pictures when i'm out. Previously it was kept in a lightweight drybag inside my bum bag so when I wanted to take a picture I had to dismount the bike, take off bumbag, open bumbag, open drybag, take picture, put back in drybag, put back in bumbag, put bumbag back on, get back on bike. Now all I have to do is unroll drybag, take out camera, take picture, replace camera, roll up drybag. I did look into buying a Lowepro set up but they wanted £50+, £25 for a harness and another £25+ for a waterproof camera bag, this set up cost me £15. It consists of a 5l Alpkit drybag, 3m of 2.5mm webbing, a few buckles and a bit of closed cell foam.

Camera and closed cell foam housing to give it some protection.

Fitted into Alpkit 5l drybag and attached to harness.

How it fits. (can I just point out that I did not take this picture, "want something doing properly, do it yourself ").Image

Hope you like it, I do.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Camera Chest Harness

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Good idea Ray ... do you have specific cameras for other types of architecture too, towers, cellars, etc or just bridges? :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

s8tannorm wrote:Good idea Ray ... do you have specific cameras for other types of architecture too, towers, cellars, etc or just bridges? :wink:
No , I just happen to have a thing for bridges, good job too or else I'd need more camera's and I only have one chest :wink: .
FLV

Post by FLV »

s8tannorm wrote:Good idea Ray ... do you have specific cameras for other types of architecture too, towers, cellars, etc or just bridges? :wink:

That took a second read, but it was worth it :grin: