Like sh1t off a ...

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sean_iow

Re: Like sh1t off a ...

Post by sean_iow »

I spend one evening away watching a documentary about an ultra (It's Easy Until It's Not - about the Danish Backyard Ultra) and the thread descends into this :lol:

On topic first (don't worry I'll soon digress) would it need two elastic loops to keep it upright? My mudguard is held on with two large O rings so it stays aligned with the downtube. It stills get rotated around the tube sometimes but it stays in line with it.

Good concept though, would work well in the summer here and I guess all year in Wales. Here in the winter it would have so much mud on it that by the time you'd got it off the downtube you would be cleaner if you'd just dug the hole with your hands :grin:

As for Ralph, I wasn't aware he when to the toilet, I assumed he didn't - like the Queen - he also never carries money.

As for monkeys throwing their poo.... about 40 years ago the local adventure park (Robin Hill) had a monkey in a cage just at the entrance. He discovered how to keep himself amused by.. well he.... umm.... anyway, when he had reached the 'climax' of his entertainment he used to throw the... umm.. the... you know... at the cars stopped at the booth where you pay :lol: He was something of a legend amongst the school trips. They eventually had to move him, and I assume intervene. as his 'you know' was redder than the teachers faces who were asked what he was doing :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

RIP wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:18 pm
Borderer wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:39 pm Monkeys throw their poo, usually to create a distraction
Knowing This Place as I now do, I can predict with some accuracy EXACTLY what is coming next on this thread.
:lol: :lol:
ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:27 pm
If monkeys have fans, where do they plug them in?
They have Seans to do that for them.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:27 pm
Borderer wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:39 pm
I've seen Madagascar so I believe I am an expert on simian behaviour. Monkeys throw their poo, usually to create a distraction. This is in fact the origin of the expression 'when the sub standard hits the fan' Thusly, no trowel will be required for Ralph
If monkeys have fans, where do they plug them in?
They have oo oo oooo ooo oosb sockets
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

^ Very good! :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I like that you know.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Mount it the other way round to get a frame protection for all those flimsy carbon frames.
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Could also be used for purloining an extra portion of chips, during a WRT stopover.
Of course you'd have to distract the owner of the chippy, you cheeky monkey...;)
RIP

Post by RIP »

I'd pay good money to see someone try that in the World [In]Famous "Golden Sands Chippy" (*) :grin: .

(*) WRT 2016
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

MuddyPete wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:27 pm
ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:27 pm Some other ideas here...

https://youtu.be/yS0a5FrK1WI
:lol: :lol: :lol: What a ridiculous tool - no bottle opener or corkscrew. What were they thinking? :roll:
I just found this thread, so apal-logies for being late paar-tee!
It least it comes with an anti-skid sleeve. So keeps your arm sleeves clean & no skid marks below- genius.! :-bd
.. So when the the rescuers find you, patch you up and sort out all your Trama,

ya mum will be chuffed you still got clean undercrackers on.!! That really whatatters. :-bd
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..