revelate nano panniers

Make your own gear? Talk about it here!

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

shutupthepunx

revelate nano panniers

Post by shutupthepunx »

wanted the nanos but figured i could make something similar with what i had laying around.

pretty chuffed with these. this was suposed to be a trial run (to pass on to a friend), with the end goal being in xpac with waterproof zip and nice rubbery waterproof 2 way stretch fabric each side of the zip to not stress the zip as much.

this is in PU costed nylon (just incase u couldn't tell by the horrible play school colour scheme), the two zips are similar but not matching. would like to add pull tabs to help with opening/closing, maybe some thin plastic sheeting to help hold the bag away from't wheel (should be ok as it, but no harm in having it), only had 4 cam locks so added two on the top of each bag. to attatch the bottom for now i just have a long webbing piece sewn into the seam, figured i can tie it to the rack. will use a cam lock there also if i make another

slightly smaller than the nano's these will hold a bit under 6.5L each. i want them for autumn bikepacking and winter touring here in northern sweden when all TLS protocol goes out the window.

these weren't super hard to make as the shape/pattern/concept was pretty straight forward. hardest part i found was sewing round curves and the other changes of angles.

more pictures to come once i get it on the bike and its daylight.
shutupthepunx

Re: revelate nano panniers

Post by shutupthepunx »

excuse the rack/exo-rail combo, im currently between systems
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

Looking good. Been thinking about making something similar myself based around thee dimensions of Ikea chopping boards ( 361 x 275mm).
Whats TLS? I'm hopeless with acronyms
shutupthepunx

Post by shutupthepunx »

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

"Stuff".
shutupthepunx

Post by shutupthepunx »

was gona write 'sh!t' but figured its not quite the weekend yet
atk

Post by atk »

Looks great! Got a bit of a vintage Karrimor/Joe Brown-vibe, but with added leopard print?! :lol: :-bd
Supernova

Post by Supernova »

That’s very impressive.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Nice work :-bd

Future tip for pull tabs on the zips, I sew them on before I sew in the zip, it's much easier to get them in position on the sewing machine. I buy my zipping loose off the roll with separate pullers and I sew short lengths of reflective webbing tape on to the pullers before threading them onto the zipping.

Alternately, you can buy tabs loose to just thread on. I use reflective tape as it's essy to check the zip is done up at night.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
BobCatMax

Post by BobCatMax »

they look great
Image Image