Fun in the Costa del Sol - bikepacking trip

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

kendalpaul

Fun in the Costa del Sol - bikepacking trip

Post by kendalpaul »

Hi,
Here is our write up of a trip we took to Costa del Soll in December. Enjoy the pictures. Some of the sections were unrideable but plenty were grand.

(Fi)

http://paulandfiadventures.blogspot.co. ... spain.html
ScotRoutes

Re: Fun in the Costa del Sol - bikepacking trip

Post by ScotRoutes »

Excellent. I've done a wee bit of riding in the hills around Ronda and also from there to Marbella. I've considered it as a potential winter bikepacking destination but never sat with the maps and worked out a route. This has given me some inspiration. I might come back at you with a whole list of questions, but the immediate ones I can think of are;

What did you do about bike bags (leave at airport/arrange something else)?
How was bivvying/camping (I'd likely mix it up with B&B too)?

Cheers
kendalpaul

Post by kendalpaul »

Hi, we organised to leave our bike bags at the campsite in Torremolinos. Paid for storage and stayed there for our last night in a bungalow. Most towns seemed to have at least one hotel, band b or campsite with bungalows. We didn't pre-plan these, just turned up, knocked on the door and asked for a room. Going rate seemed to be 40 euros for the 2 of us. Most we paid was 70 including breakfast. If you were more orgainsed you could go on to the http://www.gransendademalaga.es/es/etapas/ website and write down some of the accommodation. Or pay for mobile data whilst out there. generally the route was well signposted and each section is graded. Hope that helps.
kendalpaul

Post by kendalpaul »

Also the bivvying was fine - just found a spot in the forests, or away from towns. Hardly saw anyone on the route so it was fine.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Interesting read and info, cheers :cool:

I spend a bit of time in Gib' with work so might try and sort something out one day. Have been up to Rhonnda though which is a lovely spot. Imagine the climb up there was a bit of a killer :wink:
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Good write up & pics, looks like you both had a great time :cool:

No pictures of food though, we need at least one pic of a massive paella :grin:
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!