Todays ride

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Re: Todays ride

Post by redefined_cycles »

Boab wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:47 am
redefined_cycles wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:50 pm Never knew that Bob. Will share if I find any ROAM deals in that case. Curious as to which functions are retained that aren't in the BOLT V2... :smile:
Other than the bigger screen and larger battery, I'm mostly after the two rows of customizable LEDs.
Aha... yes. I can't recall the row of LEDs on the side bar of the ROAM and can confirm the interface on the v2 BOLT seems much better than the ROAM (which I initially also wanted to go back to after the v2 then the Garmin 530). As for the screen which was one of the deal breakers for me wanting the ROAM again, I can definitely state that the v2 screen 'feels' just as big as the ROAM. Don't ask me how they've done it but it's amazing :-bd

All the best with the search mate...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A couple from yesterday.

Looking down on the top end of Glen Bruar from the Minigaig climb.

Still quite a few snow patches around. This was around 700-750m.

summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

A bit of an explore today whilst everyone else was finishing off their WRT. I'd been wanting to do this for quite some time now and finally managed it today in a quiet part of Snowdonia.
I think I'll be using this for one of my BAM's this year...
Image20220502_121113 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Over there in the distance
Image20220502_122623 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220502_125924 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220502_124255 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Yes that's right, there's a piano in there! Needs a bit of a tune up mind...
Image20220502_124301 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

I'd love to know the story behind that one!

Milks off
Image20220502_124729 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

And what a view from the front door!
Image20220502_124547 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

What a life people must have had back in the day
ImageDJI_0525 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Looking good colin and Jeff. Any sign of my bud n Lou tracks on those snow patches from a month ago? :grin:

More deeside wanderings for me today including a close encounter of the bird kind I'll tell you about once I get a chance to download pics. Firmounth road then fungle road loop - a mere 40k but all good riding. Bumped into colin Calder off here (and cl and deeside trail veteran) on the fungle road singletrack descent. Home tomorrow but hopefully after a final go at locating the secret howff having failed again on friday!
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Whilst I was at that old farmhouse last week I noticed a track going up the mountainside a few miles away so thought it needed a reccy.
What a stunning day to be out...
Last weeks farmhouse dead center
Image20220507_150722 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220507_151316 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220507_151450 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220507_152806 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220507_153746 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220507_161108 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

A shame to see this building fall into decay
Image20220507_162631 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220507_162728 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220507_162742 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Image20220507_163348 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Timer!
Image20220507_164425 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Instagram:

YouTube:
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Here's a short film from yesterday's ride... Enjoy :-bd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_O5Iiuwq9Y

Instagram:

YouTube:
Dakkar

Post by Dakkar »

Most of Ian Fitz, inner loop of the Peak 200. Today I didn't get too lost despite using the latest GPX file for the route, still a little wondering close to the summit of Win hill but a bit of improvisation got me back on route. Started off at Rushup edge in the cold mist and low cloud then used the paved "footpath" to take me over to Brown Knoll then the top of Jacobs ladder. I sestioned the first drop off at the top to give myself some confidence in tackling the steep descent off the summit of Jacobs. It was the first time I had found the courage to attempt the drop off, especially having gone arse over handlebars last week coming down of Mam torr ridge to Edale, it being a bank holiday weekend there was quite an audience.

I got to the top of Jacobs at about 0840 so as to avoid the hikers coming up the path and to save my pride if, as was more than likely I came off my bike, however the buggers were still coming up, I did stop and let some pass and managed to maintain my dignity for most of the descent down to the dog leg. By the time I got there, the top of my thighs were throbbing and I had to stop and take in the view. With the lactate abating I headed down the dog leg and got spat out at the bottom feeling satisfied with myself. I rode down to to Edale café, had a coffee and breakfast then set out for Jaggers clough. Apart from slightly going off route and a bit of sun burn to the back of my neck, there was no more dramas, that climb up to Shatton Moor is a bugger though but you have to earn your downhills and the single track down to Bradwell is an epic descent.
Boab

Post by Boab »

Popped out yesterday morning for a long (ish) ride, couldn't decide which way to go, so ended up heading into The Brecks. I always forget just how sandy it gets.

I love most of my local riding, but I couldn't help spending most of the ride wishing I was back in Wales on all those amazing gravel roads.

The flies were out in force, which meant I ended up having to rip my helmet off a couple of time to let trapped insects out. Nothing worse than feeling something crawling over your head and not being able to brush it off...

The wild garlic in some local woods was looking, and smelling, amazing as I headed for home.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Managed to get out after my tea last night, apart from my commute I think its my first midweek ride of the year!
Was riding for 7:15 and back at the car 2 hours later just as the weather turned.
Image20220511_203743-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Made a brew at my winter camp spot and chilled out for half an hour
Image20220511_200856-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
Image20220511_201527-01-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Just in time
Image20220511_210713-01 by Jeff Price, on Flickr

Instagram:

YouTube:
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

summittoppler wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:54 pm Managed to get out after my tea last night,.....
Made a brew at my winter camp spot and chilled out for half an hour
Image20220511_200856-01 by Jeff Price, on
That one helluva windshield, for your stove, you've built there :shock:
Well done :-bd (I hope it was a good brew).
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
redefined_cycles

Dakkar wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:26 pm Most of Ian Fitz, inner loop of the Peak 200. Today I didn't get too lost despite using the latest GPX file for the route....
But you've not got the latest latest :lol: I cleaned up that file using Strava and OS so everything is (still) where it should be. Feel free to tell me I've got summat wrong but it should be spot on :-bd

(Goes to check and drag it from Strava and realises it's still private)... I'll try and get it added here once I've unprivatised it via my desktop (sorry).
redefined_cycles

NB. I didn't know that the ITT takes you to thw very top of Jacobs ladder where it's proper DH territory (and only the crazy people walk up to then ride back down :o ).
Dakkar

Post by Dakkar »

redefined_cycles wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:58 am NB. I didn't know that the ITT takes you to thw very top of Jacobs ladder where it's proper DH territory (and only the crazy people walk up to then ride back down :o ).
It doesn't. I added Jacobs ladder to get my Adrenaline going before I then jumped on to the inner loop in Edale.
Looking forward to the latest latest, cleaned up GPX.

Cheers
redefined_cycles

Dakkar wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:56 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:58 am NB. I didn't know that the ITT takes you to thw very top of Jacobs ladder where it's proper DH territory (and only the crazy people walk up to then ride back down :o ).
It doesn't. I added Jacobs ladder to get my Adrenaline going before I then jumped on to the inner loop in Edale.
Looking forward to the latest latest, cleaned up GPX.

Cheers
https://www.strava.com/routes/2957734550700568358

There you go mate. Feel free to post it where you need to. I have referenced Ian Fitz and the original route, from which I've copied it in the description. Hope it helps and I certainly feel it should help me (at my 3rd attempt :shock: )
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sat May 14, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dakkar

Post by Dakkar »

Thank you for that!

And good luck, third time lucky. :-bd
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

I had a couple of hours along the Three Shires Way today, shame the 4x4's had been there first... Lovely sunny day to be out though.
Image20220514_155258 by Robert Smith, on Flickr

The route took me past Santa Pod, so I hung around the shut down area and watched a few streetbikes coming down. After ten minutes the jet car 'fire force' got towed into the area.
Image20220514_163438 by Robert Smith, on Flickr

Within a few minutes they had fired it up, when it had warmed up the driver kept playing with the reheat in quick bursts which shot flames way out of the nozzle. Unfortunately it was too fast to get a shot of, so here it is a second later disappeared behind it's own smokescreen.
Image20220514_164304 by Robert Smith, on Flickr
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

First bike ride since hernia operation. Flat on the canal for 10km, then back and up and over a lump to see how I was doing. ONly 1hr 20, only 27km, only 250m of up.

It was amazing to be out on a bike again. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy moving faster than walking speed :)
Boab

Post by Boab »

Popped out early to take in some far flung byways, before heading home on more familiar terrain. The route also took in some bridleways, which in this case, aren't well used:

But mostly the ride was about this stuff...

Somewhere, I dropped some of my food, so started to suffer about 20KM from home. The bonk built and built, and finally dropped into place about 2KM from the village. So it was a pathetic, panting, crawl back up the High Street to the house. I spend the following thirty minutes shovelling various items of food and drink into my face before starting to feel a bit better.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Post-WRT, I made a resolution to myself to get out on the bike at least once a month even if it's just crammed into a lunchtime, so nipped out on the drop bar bike for 55 minutes of bike paths and country lanes. It felt good to be out in the sun.
Boab

Post by Boab »

My mental health has taken a battering over the last 24 hours or so, amazing how quickly a deep dip can be brought on. Coupled with a poor show nights sleep, I was up before 05:00, so headed out for a relaxed ride just after 06:00.

I had no intention of making it back in time for a morning of meetings at work. To be honest, it was quite hard not to just head for the coast and a dunk in the sea. Instead, I just looped up into the fens and slowly pottered around.

Normally, everything settles down after about an hour of riding. All the noise abates, the destructive thoughts disappear, and I can just enjoy the pain and suffering. In a change from normal, everything came back after about an hour and a half, so in a complete change of routine, I stopped at Wicken Fen and sat looking at the Spawn of Satan for a bit. I think everything's worked itself out, hard to be sure though...
RIP

Post by RIP »

You can certainly take satisfaction from those lovely photos!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
redefined_cycles

Edited.
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sun May 22, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

*not that you have/had to PM them. Openly works too and I can categorically state (IME) this really is one of the best forums about to find good folks...
Boab

Post by Boab »

Popped out for another attempt at clearing the head this morning. After heavy rain over night, I mostly stuck to the tarmac, but did take in a few byways that I know have good gravel surfaces.

I did get rained on at one point, and ended up going about 15KM and 40 minutes too far, so missed all my early meetings. Feeling a bit cheerier, which is nice.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Went for a great little ride yesterday, another one of those weekends when I want to be mostly at home, so a couple of hours on the mountain bike was perfect, and also still part of me doing something new. Have wanted to try the Allt next to Llangorse Lake for a while now, was originally going to do the full loop taking in Mynydd Langorse as well, but was a bit late leaving home, so opted for a cake and coffee break at the Venison Centre instead and the home the direct route, well almost direct as I popped down to Llangasty church and the view point over the lake there as well. Which leaves Mynydd Llangorse for another day :-bd

Just love the bridleways at the moment with all the flowers, getting a bit overgrown and narrow in a few places but still rideable.
ImageIMG_20220521_102103 by Verena Zimmer, on Flickr

Beautiful! What you can't see is that just below there was a whole hillside covered in bluebells - I tried to walk to where I thought I might get a good view of it, but no luck, all I've got is totally scratched and nettled legs....
ImageIMG_20220521_115736 by Verena Zimmer, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20220521_115712 by Verena Zimmer, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20220521_115540 by Verena Zimmer, on Flickr

ImageIMG_20220521_115506 by Verena Zimmer, on Flickr