Tragical Mystery Tour - crowdpacking?

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: Tragical Mystery Tour - crowdpacking?

Post by RIP »

Bearlegged wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:59 pm I had been hoping to route you down Cave Dale, but then you zoomed through Little Hucklow. Ah well.
A narrow escape. Although there would have been two more opportunities to lead me astray to that nastiest of nasty descents, so thank you for not taking advantage of them/me :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I had been hoping to route you down Cave Dale, but then you zoomed through Little Hucklow. Ah well.
So it was the Peaks then? That bridge in the background had me thinking it was The Yorkshire Dales especially after Reg refused pizza/chips :grin: (would have been a ling ride up I suppose).
ootini

Post by ootini »

Great little read. Surprised no one mentioned this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diceman_(TV_series)
RIP

Post by RIP »

ootini wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:20 am Great little read. Surprised no one mentioned this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diceman_(TV_series)
Looks fun. "The series ended with the die tumbling into a river and being lost". Oh.

I remember we had "Challenge Anneka" on telly when I was young which seemed vaguely similar too. She always wore a yellow jumpsuit thing and I think she had a time limit to find something or other.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

ootini

Post by ootini »

RIP wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:02 am
ootini wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:20 am Great little read. Surprised no one mentioned this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diceman_(TV_series)
Looks fun. "The series ended with the die tumbling into a river and being lost". Oh.

I remember we had "Challenge Anneka" on telly when I was young which seemed vaguely similar too. She always wore a yellow jumpsuit thing and I think she had a time limit to find something or other.
Yeah I remember Anneka Rice. Blue n yellow beach buggy ?
RIP

Post by RIP »

ootini wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:03 pm
RIP wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:02 am

Yeah I remember Anneka Rice. Blue n yellow beach buggy ?
Mm. I also now remember that the cameraman who followed her everywhere (always running) with a handheld camera must have been a very short chap because the camera was always focussed on Anneka's nether regions for rather longer than necessary.

RIP

Post by RIP »

Oh, another little serendipity was that I stayed with my chums earlier in the week in what I believe is called an "AirB&B", or more accurately only an "AirB". It was located on a road called The Ditch, which I thought was amusingly applicable for a Boner.