Welsh Ride Thing Videos Part 1 & 2 Now Available

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Welsh Ride Thing Videos Part 1 & 2 Now Available

Post by Escape Goat »

Hi all,

I thought a couple of folk on here might want to see what the Loney Hearts Club got up to on the 2022 Welsh Ride Thing. I made it as a two-parter because the group had so much fun and I didn't want to cut out as much as I usually do. Smiles for miles, I loved the weekend and made some great new friends :)

Part 1.
https://youtu.be/EFnc8E1Sbk0

Part 2.
https://youtu.be/9fAe--NWL-8

This years LHC was just as much fun as always, it wouldn't have been the same without you all. Thank you.
RIP

Re: Welsh Ride Thing Videos Part 1 & 2 Now Available

Post by RIP »

Top work that :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Thanks Reg :)
Verena

Post by Verena »

Really enjoyed both films, thank you so much for putting in all that time Allen, such a great way of reliving memories from the weekend!
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Double doohickey
Last edited by TheBrownDog on Mon May 23, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just going outside ...
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I bloody love your videos Allen. These are the best yet, I reckon. You just capture the genuine essence of this whole gig. I am so sick of the stuff on other sites that seem to want to portray going out on a bike with your camping gear as some sort of existential journey.

And you got a drone. Brilliant Was this the first vid with drones? Where on earth do you pack all that kit and still leave room for a chair and fire pit?

Anyhoo, great work mate. Keep it coming.
I'm just going outside ...
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Well guys, I honestly am a little lost for words. I didn't really know why I started my YouTube channel way back in 2006, but only really started taking it a little more seriously in 2019 and I guess I know - it's because of comments like this. I want to look back on something I've done and remember it, it turns out that people enjoy watching what I've gotten up to. I'm so happy that it comes across the way it does, because I don't know how else to come across, other than just being me.

All my toys fit in my Acepac bag that I refer to as my handbag! Granted I don't take a fire with me, and never light one unless it's in a yurt with a fire pit, I will be considering a little fold away chair for a few trips I have planned! Below is a pic of my set up, you can make out my handbag.

Thank you both/everyone so much for the amount of support I'm receiving.
Verena

Post by Verena »

I think that's exactly why it works Allen, you just being yourself.
Also impressed how you somehow manage to do the filming without it being intrusive, or totally in your face (ok apart from when you did actually shove your camera and microphone in my face :lol: ).
Normally if you said to me, do you want to go bikepacking, and there will be a guy with a drone and making film as you go, I'd be a bit dubious...but you just make it work, so hopefully there will be many more
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Ah that’s good, I’m glad I didn’t get in the way :) except for obviously when I got in the way, but at least I announced that it was happening 🤣

Thank you all very much.