Real Ale Wobble

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Verena

Real Ale Wobble

Post by Verena »

Having only just realized that I've missed this this weekend, I've most definitely pencilled this in for next year, and Im thinking it would be a good one the make a weekend of it, as many do, and turn it into the November BAM. Anyone else interested?

Have also just remembered what a bonkers lineup of events they do ... World mountain bike chariot racing championships :lol:

https://www.green-events.co.uk/index.php?raw_main
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Real Ale Wobble

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

One of those events I've always known about but never done - probably the fact I don't drink I suppose.
May the bridges you burn light your way
psling

Post by psling »

I've done it several times in the past.

Probably the reason I don't drink now... :???: :lol: :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Verena wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:13 am Having only just realized that I've missed this this weekend, I've most definitely pencilled this in for next year, and Im thinking it would be a good one the make a weekend of it, as many do, and turn it into the November BAM. Anyone else interested?

Have also just remembered what a bonkers lineup of events they do ... World mountain bike chariot racing championships :lol:

How many beer tokens do you get, I wonder? I couldn’t find it on the web page, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun - a bit like my “Gallon Bivvy” of June 2019 but with company.

Somebody remind me in time for next years bash. :wink:
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:36 am One of those events I've always known about but never done - probably the fact I don't drink I suppose.
I wouldn't say it's all about the beer, just a really good laugh...
Verena

Post by Verena »

frogatthefarriers wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:31 pm
Verena wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:13 am Having only just realized that I've missed this this weekend, I've most definitely pencilled this in for next year, and Im thinking it would be a good one the make a weekend of it, as many do, and turn it into the November BAM. Anyone else interested?

How many beer tokens do you get, I wonder? I couldn’t find it on the web page, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun - a bit like my “Gallon Bivvy” of June 2019 but with company.

Somebody remind me in time for next years bash. :wink:
At least four....

:-bd
Matt C

Post by Matt C »

We used to do it every year and from memory you got 4 half pint tokens.. Quality of the beer varied, but there was usually some good stuff on in the pubs in the evening as it was always timed to coincide with the local beer festival. :grin: Just don't get me started on the band that used to play every year... :roll:

Lots of good bivvy options nearby, though you'll have to roll through town to sign in at the end of the event before heading back (probably up the hill) to find somewhere to sleep...
numplumz

Post by numplumz »

Good to hear its still going. Might have to return to show some new people some fun, did many of these a long time ago.
Always used to give our tickets to the "full pisshead" riders who only did the first checkpoint as there was alaways afew barrels unaccompanied at the far points.
Stayed in some weird hippy run house out of town a few times, now that was an experience, but she did use to drive us to the pub for the festival fun.
The old git in the yellow socks
Verena

Post by Verena »

Just booked my entry for this year's Wobble

Went to a party at the weekend which reminded me about it, will look to make that my November BAM.
psling

Post by psling »

Many great memories of the event in past years, it really needs to be experienced as a weekend event with some good riding thrown in :wink:
Mosh pit in the Stoney, stair-surfing in the Neaudd, good food in the various eateries in town, standing room only in all the pubs in the evenings, live music, real ale festival, good vibe with the locals, chilled stops at Jones' Trails at Trallwm, cold dips upstream in the pools on the Irfon, oh... and good riding.
Could even share a memory about Postie Rich but probably best I don't! :grin: :cool: They were great weekends with really good company :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
Verena

Post by Verena »

psling wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:16 am Many great memories of the event in past years, it really needs to be experienced as a weekend event with some good riding thrown in :wink:
Mosh pit in the Stoney, stair-surfing in the Neaudd, good food in the various eateries in town, standing room only in all the pubs in the evenings, live music, real ale festival, good vibe with the locals, chilled stops at Jones' Trails at Trallwm, cold dips upstream in the pools on the Irfon, oh... and good riding.
Could even share a memory about Postie Rich but probably best I don't! :grin: :cool: They were great weekends with really good company :-bd
Wow, that really does sound good - but why the past tense?? See you there?? I'll certainly plan to make a weekend of it, I'll be there with Tom and his boys from Ystradgynlais, and Frankie the plumber from Newcastle Emlyn who is new to it all.... :lol: :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:14 pm Tom and his boys from Ystradgynlais, and Frankie the plumber from Newcastle Emlyn
Do you know Benny the boxer, V? :grin:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Verena

Post by Verena »

Quite likely... :lol:
Verena

Post by Verena »

Just found out from Phil the Builder that there's also a summer event, the cider wobble

https://www.green-events.co.uk/index.php?scc_entry
Verena

Post by Verena »

Anyone from here had a last minute change of heart and wobbling this weekend?
RIP

Post by RIP »

You still goin'? Jealous, me :mrgreen:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Verena

Post by Verena »

RIP wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:49 pm You still goin'? Jealous, me :mrgreen:
Yep :-bd

Shall I save you one of my beer tokens?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Verena wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:56 pm
RIP wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:49 pm You still goin'? Jealous, me :mrgreen:
Yep :-bd

Shall I save you one of my beer tokens?
One of the actual beers would be even better :smile: . Although I suspect plenty will feature on the SWWB ..