Dartmoor Bivvi

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JimH

Dartmoor Bivvi

Post by JimH »

Evening all,

A mate and I set out from Princetown on Saturday at around 4pm. Headed south east out of the town on the path and followed it down and around to Sheepstor and Burrator reservoir. The path is well made for couple of miles before it became more waterlogged, rutted and rocky due to water. we circled around to the west into a beautiful sunset overlooking Plymouth Sound before descending in to the area of Sheepstor.

Although the weather was kind to us, water was pouring out of the moor and we ended up with wet feet. Luckily, the Royal Oak was open and welcoming with a roaring log burner and incredible food and beer. We sat in there warming and drying out until we’d consumed far too much beer and food and we’re asked to leave at closing time. From The Oak it’s a steep climb, powered by Apple crumble, to the reservoir where we located a small copse to get our head down. This was the first time putting up my new SMD lunar, in the dark and under the influence, but it went surprisingly well. Didn’t get much sleep as the wind picked up and the rain came down. The tent held its own but I noticed water seeping in through the apex and down the hanging internal cord used to suspend the internal light. More seem dealer needed I fear. We were up at sunrise to take the fast road back to princetown as we were short on time. All in all extremely successful and enjoyable. Few pics … when I can get them working
ledburner

Re: Dartmoor Bivvi

Post by ledburner »

:-bd
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Loki

Re: Dartmoor Bivvi

Post by Loki »

I haven't done a Dartmoor bivvy in years, I need to get a couple in this year.
Simon K
There is only one God.......GODZILLA! And he rides a fat bike.
Fat cyclist, fat bike rider, bike packer, photographer, coffee junkie. Brain tumour survivor.

https://www.instagram.com/beardythebikepacker/
https://beardythebikepacker.blogspot.com