Catching fly campers! *update*

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Verena

Re: Catching fly campers!

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:51 am You have those who are simply ignorant and who believe that making a fire or BBQ is the accepted norm. These people could quite easily be educated and brought into the fold.
There's a lad at work with me (educated, nice enough) who I've been on a bike ride with last year, he's trying to get a bit fitter etc. He mentioned the other day that he wants to go wild camping. I say "nice, what do you mean by that exactly?" Says he "You know, just with a tent, sleeping bag and an axe" I go :shock: "what's the axe for"? "Cut down some wood, make a fire, cook my dinner" :o

As well as laughing out loud at him at the thought of him spending a very hungry night after trying and failing to catch himself a trout or squirrel with his axe....

Think there's scope here for said educating about fires, don't you?!?

(I did)
summittoppler

Re: Catching fly campers!

Post by summittoppler »

**UPDATE**
Well I've heard back from the National Park Wardens.
Their reply was:
Hello,
I have spoken with Rhys, the Head Warden in the North Area. There were two volunteer wardens down the Cwellyn trail that day. The message about the litter had been passed to them, but they saw very little rubbish by Ffynnon y Gwas. Hopefully this helps, best wishes,

No problem, thanks for sharing these photos and approaching them when you did

So I take that as the lads did actually go back up the mountain and retrieve their waste (unless someone else did). I can't imagine anyone else did though as it way off the main paths.

:-bd
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
fatpacker

Re: Catching fly campers! *update*

Post by fatpacker »

Good for you for saying something.

I think something we as brits do too often is to let things slide for fear of causing a fuss or a scene.

If people like you don't confront these tools then it will happen again and again.

Respect.
Charliecres

Re: Catching fly campers! *update*

Post by Charliecres »

Indeed, respect :-bd