Badger Divide 2021

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scud

Badger Divide 2021

Post by Scud »

I thought i'd put up some pics from riding Badger Divide last week, mostly to show that there was sunshine, as i watch those battling HT550, we really lucked out as the first cafe we stopped at on route at Abriachan campsite, said they'd had a foot of snow about 9-10 days before and it had rained since, we had rain for the third afternoon of the four days we took and actually got sunburnt first day, having looked at the forecasts before hand, we had a lot of cold weather and rain gear, and i only used my jacket once!

Can recommend it enough as a route, only trouble was we could of gone a lot quicker if we had not stopped for two hours a day for photos, a leisurely lunch and beer (i haven't eaten so well on a trip before).

Felt humbled when we spoke to the lady running the cafe at Corrour station who said her brother held record at 23 hours!

First day we rode from Inverness castle to Fort Augustus, second day from there to camp in grounds of Loch Ossian YHA after having had the best fish and chips in station at Corrour, from there to Killin and camp on edge of Loch Tay, then home.

Last edited by Scud on Mon May 24, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thenorthwind

Re: Badger Divide 2021

Post by thenorthwind »

Nice one :-bd

Looks like you lucked out with the weather!

23 hours? Where's the fun in that?!
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

Great pics, and nice bike!

Where's the little building by the falls. Assumed the Hermitage near Dunkeld, but guess it can't be?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Wow! You really did luck out with the weather!!!
boxelder wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:49 pm
Where's the little building by the falls. Assumed the Hermitage near Dunkeld, but guess it can't be?
Invermoriston
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Great pics.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Richpips wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 10:58 amGreat pics.
Yes indeedy :-bd
Teaman

Post by Teaman »

Congratulations on the ride and fab pics!
Ref your rear bag setup....I assume it might be a carradice bag of some sort. Saddle support looks similar to that for my smaller carradice saddle bag. Is the rack type support specially for that bag? Thanks
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

That looks great :-bd
Scud

Post by Scud »

Congratulations on the ride and fab pics!
Ref your rear bag setup....I assume it might be a carradice bag of some sort. Saddle support looks similar to that for my smaller carradice saddle bag. Is the rack type support specially for that bag? Thanks
Hi, the rack was all a bit last minute, did a test ride with new set of Restrap kit i had bought off FB from a guy who said he had used once, on test ride i managed to rip the rim of the front dry bag and managed to break the clip on the rear bag (noting both have now been updated by Restrap so clearly an issue). So with a week to go, i was trying different things, i had the rear Bagman support (but not the supports which i bought) and the rear bag is actually a Carradice C rack bag, not saddle bag

To be honest, it was bombproof and i think i would of been fine without the supports and i don't like to hold back on the descents and clobbered the odd water bar. Plus top of bag was level with saddle, so could still get quite a way off the back of saddle.