Dartmoor200: in the making!

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Dartmoor200: in the making!

Post by redefined_cycles »

Not sure if Luke might mind but it's (the title) done now anyway. Some might know that Lune Ranger is planning an amazing 200km ITT over Dartmoor. A few weeks ago he got out some invites without a pub. So I was in, naturally. Thanks so much... I learnt so much.

Without further ado, in pictures. In reverse chrono order.

Twas lots and lots of fun, no type 3 at all. Maybe aoke that could've become type 3 if I'd ended up washed away down river or maybe if a forest tree had taken me out.

Back in Bovey Tracey where Luke had arranged parking. Cake, I ate it all, naturally. Even the sections I'd partitioned for the missus.

Eggs... after having 3 breakages and 3 eaten. 2 in framebag and one in the backpack. Twas Luke's fault when he squished my bars in the bag but I daren't tell him. Anyway, grabbed these 2 boxes and carefully brought em home (with cake obviously) for the missus and kids.

Preride, I'd yearned a bike wash postride. Looks like my prayers were answered and I didn't need to make much effort in scrubbing. Alhamdulillah (All praise to Allah).

Saved these views for the final day he did. Such beauty... pity I had to have a bit of a moment where I just about stopped from doing a Ned Overend. Naturally I hit my bits, shin is still a bit sore and Alhamdulillah I didn't go flying off the cliff edge.

Can't recall if I caught this chap in the act before or after the potential type 3. Thankfully he never set the whole of Dartmoor ablaze (bloody hooligan).

Oh... What the heck. Looks like he'd been following me.

Only one thing better than the famous Dartmoor ponies. Baby Dartmoor ponies obviously. Could've gone and given it a hug but covid and all that...

Hmmm... Wonder what he's looking so smug about.

Shirley, I've gotten these pics mixed up. All fun and games I suppose.

Ooof... SubhanAllah (Allah is pure/perfect), bagged myself a tree...

... and a sunrise. Double lovely...

Oh, look there's a TT1 badly pitched and getting the quilt inside all wet. Wonder who on earth would pitch it like that...

Erm... type 4 anyone. Surely this is sudden death. Thankfully I didn't need to convince him it's a bad line choice...

There he is showing off pretty Dartmoor.

Aaaand, we're off. It's gonna be a lovely day. This wetness won't last shirley...
jam bo

Re: Dartmoor200: in the making!

Post by jam bo »

This wetness won't last shirley...
Ha. Dartmoor n00b…
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Great pics Shaf. Except you weren’t supposed to include the one of me pretending to warm my hands by the fire ring that we didn’t make or camp by.... :oops: :lol:
Had a great time.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
redefined_cycles

lune ranger wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:41 pm Great pics Shaf. Except you weren’t supposed to include the one of me pretending to warm my hands by the fire ring that we didn’t make or camp by.... :oops: :lol:
Had a great time.
Heehee... sorry :lol:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

:-bd I'm surprised by how little rain you had, in some of the pictures it looks like the sun is out, are you sure you were on Dartmoor :???:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Shaf’s pictures are a very poor reflection of the actual weather. To say it was somewhat wet is very much an understatement :grin:
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
redefined_cycles

sean_iow wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:06 am :-bd I'm surprised by how little rain you had, in some of the pictures it looks like the sun is out, are you sure you were on Dartmoor :???:
Yes. Rather surprising and disappointing Sean. Maybe on the actual group start there'll be proper rain :lol: a constant stream of it...
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Dartmoor is lovely. Did my wettest ever overnighter on Dartmoor. Had to chase after a ti 750ml pot that got caught in a gust then finish the ride in a hub deep torrent. The rain was sheeting off the hills. It was like being at the bottom of a 360° waterfall. Very memorable.
Grubby little urchin.