Scotland Tour

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

matt_brk

Scotland Tour

Post by matt_brk »

Hey everyone,

I'm soon to set off on a 2 month tour of the highlands and islands. Starting near Dumfries and then heading out via Arran, Islay/Jura, Oban, the Outer Hebrides and then the North Coast. After that I'm a bit unsure which way I'll go, depending on what time i've got left I may head North to Orkney or Shetland, or South to Inverness. My plan is, unapologetically, rough as I'm going to make each day up as it comes and explore as much of wherever I find myself. I plan to camp wild most of the trip, with the odd stop at campsites/hostels here and there.

If anyone hereabouts is resident along any parts of those routes and would be able to put me up for a night at any point (even if it's just a tent in the garden and a shower!) then please let me know. Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be where, but would be good if I have options and can let you know as I get close!

Cheers

Matt

ton

Re: Scotland Tour

Post by ton »

that will be fantastic. i have done most of what you have planned.
enjoy it all. you lucky man. :-bd
ballibeg

Post by ballibeg »

You'll pass me in Lochgilphead. I could be working away. Pm me when you're around.

Dave
matt_brk

Post by matt_brk »

Cheers Dave but I’ll probably be getting a ferry from Islay/Colonsay to Oban so will miss you. But will let you know if that changes
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

You may well bump into some Highland Trail group start riders last week in May - look out for knackered / flithy / sleep deprived types!
matt_brk

Post by matt_brk »

I may do, but I suspect I might be a bit far south at that point. I think the end of May will be around Arran/Kintyre/Islay (though I have no idea what sort of time i'll make!)