Slovakia anyone ??

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

Slovakia anyone ??

Post by ton »

fancying a touring jaunt to slovakia once we are allowed out of fortress GB.
anyone been. it looks very quiet and basic, kind of like me.

any info greatly appreciated.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Slovakia anyone ??

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Never been Tony but my mum has done numerous coach trips there and she always returns telling me I should go there with a bike.
May the bridges you burn light your way
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Went there in '83 with Durham County Youth Orchestra for a tour. Scenery is stunning - Tatra mountains - and seemed a very friendly place even during the dark days of the Iron Curtain. I know people who've been back since and rate the place highly.
Javi

Post by Javi »

Hi, I was around 2012 or 2013, riding mostly the area north of Bratislava, the Male Karpaty. All wooded and rolling hills. It was mid summer and found it dry and very hot, glad it was mostly riding on the shade. At that time I was only doing day rides. I even raced the Stupavsky mtb marathon.
In 2015 I was following part of the 1000mile bikepacking race route east to west direction. I came from the north of Hungary, having done half the Blue Trail from Budapest and crossed border to Kosice, a nice town where I could see only mountain bikes. I then sort of followed the 1000cz route west to Banska Bystrica on the lower Tatra mountains. So, yes, go and get lost there 😀