B-H Lakes Stag Trip

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Anthony

B-H Lakes Stag Trip

Post by Anthony »

So finally after much apprehension my stag-trip came round and I'm pleased to say I survived the ordeal! I had no idea where we were going or what we were doing whilst we were there, it was all arranged by my best man so it was quite an adventure. We had an absolutely fantastic time, with varying levels of bivvying experience it was fantastic to see how everyone had taken real effort to embrace my love of travelling light and unsupported for the whole trip, the only thing I had specified in my original brief many months ago.

We rode some fantastic natural lakeland trails, touched on the edge of a trail centre, used canoes to continue our route over Windermere, had a bit of a swim in the lake in afternoon sunshine, escaped torrential evening downpours under the tarps and generally had a jolly good laugh.

Night 1

Lakeland trails to explore

Unloading the canoes

Night 2

Evening View

The Gang
slugwash

Re: B-H Lakes Stag Trip

Post by slugwash »

Wow, looks like a good weekend you all had there! We were going to get a group shot on that sculpture last September but when we got there there were sixty Spanish schoolkids sitting around it having a picnick :)
MM-on-POINT

Post by MM-on-POINT »

Wow that's brilliant.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Looks like a cracking tour across my old stomping ground. Bivvy spots look good as well. How'd you find the 'bike as tarp support' method?
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
valleydaddy

Post by valleydaddy »

great looking trip, you've got some good mates there ;) :D

You'll have to make it an annual tradition???

good luck for your pending nuptials :D
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Very nice Anthony but I'm slightly upset to see no poly tarps in the pictures ;)

And ... good luck.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Stuart- No polycro this time, unfortunately Simon couldn't make it :-(

Pyro- The bike/tarp combination works brilliantly. Although this time I was in the tent :oops: I have used that tarp configuration a lot this year and has provided brilliant shelter. Even during the very wet/windy WRT it kept me dry all night.

Valleydaddy- We do try to get an annual trip, but this was the first time the other lads had done 2 nights unsupported. We usually tend park somewhere as a base then drop/collect their bivvy kit from the car in the evening to save them carrying it all day. This time I think they were very pleasantly suprised how with a little preperation you can still have a bike that rides great when fully loaded.

Cheers for the comments, I can't believe it has been a week since we were there though, it's already time to start thinking about the next one :D