Live bivvy in progress

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Live bivvy in progress

Post by TheBrownDog »

My first proper night out since ... oooh December if we’re not counting the garden, which I’m not. I’m currently sitting in my chair under the protective wing of my LanShan tent like object in a wood just east of Great Kimble in my beloved Chiltern Hills.

Been a great day. My place in CSP to Tring via Penn Street, Hyde Heath and a pootle along the GUC. Up to Wendover Wood where I sat on a hill and watched kites fight with crows, then onward following my nose till a thunderous thunder clap made some poo come out and I ducked into a wood to pitch up.

Normally I like a plan but today I genuinely had no idea where I was going and I was in no hurry to get there. Which will be modus operandi for tomorrow night too. I’m happier than I’ve been for months. Don’t even mind the dull ache in me old bloke knees.

Peace, you lot

xx
Last edited by TheBrownDog on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just going outside ...
boxelder

Re: Live bivvy in progress

Post by boxelder »

You do realise the Feds are monitoring this channel. They're on their way..........
:???: :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

They'll never get past Tim's meths stoves ring-of-fire :smile: .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

True Reg, I did have a little fire, but not in a ring ... sorry not sure where that is going.

Normal service resumed.

I had intended to be out for two nights, and the first day and night were great, but after breakfasting this morning, packing up and setting off, my left knee decided it wanted to go home. And when my left knee says go home, we just go home.

This was a fully loaded jaunt. Loads of food, a change of clothes etc etc. It was also the first properish time I'd taken out my Big Bro, and it did not disappoint. It's a hefty beast, but By The Babee Jeebuz, it is so comfortable and the handling, even with a heavy bar harness and loaded fork bags ... really, amazing.

I'm gonna head out again later in the week (oh, did I mention Ive taken the week off? My first break since Colorado last August ... I didn't mention that? Well, Ive earned it ....) and make a real effort to Take Less Stuff, but also be comfortable. Will report back.

A few photos below.

Oh and re getting out. I appreciate the humour for sure ... lol ... and I bet going wild camping is even more less legal now than ever, but if the measure of an activity's safety is how distant one can be from one's fellow citizens, then FFS, let's all get out. I met one person in the 24 hrs I was out biking n camping n sticking up a tent , having a little fire in my firebox thing ..... all good.

RIP

Post by RIP »

I just imagined you repelling the Feds by setting up all of your meths stove museum in a circle around you, and at the last minute igniting them all. That'd soon see 'em off.

Anyroa,d looks like you had a good time :-bd .
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

TheBrownDog wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 pm Image
What's the chair please TheBrownDog?
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

It’s a Helinox Chair Zero which I’ve had for two years. About 500g and quite bulky but if like me your back and knees don’t deal well with sitting on the ground it’s well worth it. It goes in one of the fork leg bags or is strapped under the top tube if I’m on my other bike.

https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk ... zero-p6142
Last edited by TheBrownDog on Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

RIP wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:53 pm I just imagined you repelling the Feds by setting up all of your meths stove museum in a circle around you, and at the last minute igniting them all. That'd soon see 'em off.

Anyroa,d looks like you had a good time :-bd .
Lol ... they make very nice tea lights, I have to say. I think if I hadn't taken this week off and made a break for it early on I'd have gone stir crazy. Cabin fever's been getting to me this past month - stuck at home staring into a screen for 9-10 hours a day. Kids doing their home learning in their bedrooms. I've taken up gardening. I've been doing some renovating. I've been walking the dog for 5km every morning. But nothing beats a long ride and night out in the woods.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

TheBrownDog wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:06 pm True Reg, I did have a little fire, but not in a ring ... sorry not sure where that is going.
Could only go one way.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY

Actually.....two :-bd

We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

TheBrownDog wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:30 am It’s a Helinox Chair Zero which I’ve had for two years. About 500g and quite bulky but if like me your back and knees don’t deal well with sitting on the ground it’s well worth it. It goes in one of the fork leg bags or is strapped under the top tube if I’m on my other bike.
Thank you
RIP

Post by RIP »

What now makes me LOL about this thread is amidst all the explosions, fart jokes and general mayhem, JC pops in to ask a perfectly sensible question, says thank you with a straight face, and exits stage left.

I've just this second realised it reminds me of Airplane! where it's mayhem in the cockpit and Leslie Nielsen sticks his head round the door, totally unruffled in his immaculate suit, and says ' good luck we're all counting on you', then leaves :lol: .